more electrical questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoCornOrRice

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For spa panels, what is the difference between a "load center" and a "disconnect".

Also, the 10/4 Sjoow or Soow I can find has an ampacity of 25, but seems to be used on HBT with circuits nearing 30A, am I reading something wrong?

I'm not an electrician. But I believe that a load center will be what you are after, and act as a sub-panel and contain should contain a GFCI.

A disconnect is just a heavy duty switch that can handed a lager amperage that it will be rated for.

(please correct me if in wrong)

As for your link, thats the one I bought. I have yet to wire it in to my house service and have not used it yet. It was the only one available at home depot that did not need to be ordered. I think there are a few people here that are using the GE spa panel. I'd be interested to hear any ones experience with this panel.

Thanks - I should mention, I'm looking for a CSA listed (approved for use in Canada) spa panel... unfortunately, neither the one I first linked to nor the other one fit this bill. The cheapest one I can find is $124... boo.

Back