• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heavy duty ss 15 gal brew kettle w/ball valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rleddy000

Reaction score
This is a used stainless steel 15 gallon brew kettle with stainless steel ball valve in good condition. The lid has a cutout for an immersion chiller. This is a MoreBeer brand kettle all info on this model can be found on their website www.morebeer.com the model number is BE315. It has 2 welded 1/2" stainless steel threaded fittings one for the valve and another for an accessory attachment. I'm selling it because I have purchased a larger kettle. The price is $185.00 that includes U.S. domestic ground confirmed shipping. PayPal only please or cash for local pickup. I'm located in Schaumburg, Illinois 60193 and can also do local pickup as well. Thanks for looking.

DSCN4706.jpg

DSCN4705.jpg

Not sure what the capacity is at upper fitting, I only used it as a boil kettle. It will be awhile before I can check myself if you wrote the folks at more beer they may be able to give you an answer faster. If I had to guess Id say around 5 gallons. I have noticed with mashing in other kettles a one point temp (if thats what your getting at) reading isnt an accurate assesment of the entire vessle temp it varies a degree or three around the kettle I use a lab thermometer in conjunction with the pot thermo to get an average reading. As for the dip tube question the 1/2" female threads are available from inside the kettle to rig a dip tube.

I am interested, and I live in chicago, is the bottom perfectly flat?

Back