Pin Locks without pressure relief valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookiemofo

Reaction score
Well they have them, but they aren't accessible on the top like most kegs. I guess there is a 'key' i can buy that presses in one of the pins to relieve pressure.

I'm just wondering if I am ok to use these? I got them for a really good deal. Is it really a pain to remove a gas connect to purge when I first hook up the keg? Is it a lot of work to relieve pressure this way?

This is the very first part for my keg system, I just want to make sure I start down the right path.

You don't need a special key for this you can use anything from your car keys to a ball point pen.
I've never found it a big deal to take the QD off to purge my kegs.

here is the other thing i do on these.. I use both ball lock and pin lock so all my gas/product lines have mfls so i can switch them around. I usually pre carb my beer before i hook it to a keezer tap. When i do this i actually put a liquid quick disconnect on my gas line and force carb thru the liquid out side of the keg. By doing this on pin locks it leaves my gas in post open and easy to vent. The other benefit is if I were carbing through the gas in and the liquid out poppet failed i would drain 5 gals of beer and not know. If while carbing through the liquid side and the gas side poppet fails, well i just empty a co2 tank. Anyway thats what I do for what its worth.

Mike

Back