Hello From the Oregon Coast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeaterAllen

Reaction score
Hi. Just thought I'd take the opportunity to say a little about myself. I've been brewing since 1989, and for the last year and a half, I've been living (and brewing) outside Pacific City, OR. For the last four years, I've focused on brewing lager beers, and I hope to open a micro-brewery specializing in lagers in the next six months.

I only discovered brewing forums like this one within the last six months, and with no Brew Clubs within 60 miles, it's kind of nice to occasionally bounce ideas off other people.

Hey, if you open your brewery in Sutherlin it wouldnt break my heart. Kinda Pub challenged around here. Let us know how it goes!!

We took our family vacation down your way. The Pelican has some killer brew and perhaps the best scenery I have ever had the opportunity to "drink" in. My lovely bride took this shot as we ate dinner and sipped on a Doryman's Dark Ale. This shot is from the deck of the brewery!!!

Pelican View.jpg

Thanks for the welcome. I will keep everyone up to date on my progress. Scoutman, I have a view of the Rock from about four miles south - pretty awesome. The Pelican guys have been great. We swap beers on occasion - a good way for me to get my ale fix!

Love Pelican! Sometimes I'll pack up the greyhounds, drive the RV over and get a spot across the street. The greys love the rabbits in the campground. I'm about halfway between Portland and Corvallis, so I'm a member of both the Brewcrew and Heart of the Valley. Miss a lot of meetings though.

David,
I spend a lot of time in McMinnville and that area, so I'm driving past your stomping grounds all the time. I thought about joining the Club in Salem, but it's just a little too far to drive.

I bet your greyhounds do give those rabbits a little exercise!

Back