Diagnose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
2nd batch - A light Amber color American Ale

No signs of fermentation after about 30 hours. This pic is close to 48 hours. And it looks like a white mold to me. What are your thoughts, is it infected, should I pitch more yeast? :drunk:

home.php

Ok details. I posted earlier about this...My girlfriend was trying to help me bla bla bla, long story short I wasn't paying attentions and she rehydrated the yeast when it was prob. 90f to 100f. I was nervous it killed it off.

I ended up pitching the dry yeast "Safal US-05" at around 60f. My first batch ever took off in probably 8 hours, so when this showed nothing for the basically 30 hours I was worried. Then it looked like mold to me, at about 48 hours. Still a noob, just different because the first kreson just launched off and never showed anything resembling a mold at first.

I had read the post on it could take up to 72 hours, but with the cirumstances of the rehydration, I was a little more worried.

Back