My first attempt at a label...what do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeliechicken

Reaction score
My first attempt at a label design. This one's for my Pale Ale, other styles would be similar, "THe Porter", etc. What do you think?

Label3.jpg

Very nice - only thing I'm not sure of is the UPC code - sort of draws my eyes away from the rest of the label.

Hey - just being honest - I can see people asking about the UPC code when they should be looking at the beer.

Ok, I've revised it somewhat - ok a lot. The first one didn't print out with all the details very well and it looked a little too light in color on the bottle than what I wanted. Sooo, on to round two (I also switched to "THe Amber")...

Label2.jpg

Nice! I would put an outer glow around the main title (THe Amber), as it needs to pull away from the background a bit... or blur/lighten the background a bit.

Nice look, though!

Nice! I would put an outer glow around the main title (THe Amber), as it needs to pull away from the background a bit... or blur/lighten the background a bit.

Nice look, though!

Yes I see what you mean. Its not as bad when I print it out and wrap it because the background words become less noticeable. On the first design they practically disappeared, hence the background words got more pronounced on round two. But I think it could be tweaked a little as you point out, so I did...
Label_AMBER.jpg

Wow, wheeliechicken............you've put most of us old-timers to shame with your labels.

Would you be interested in helping me with some designs for my brews?

You're close enough to me we could get together in person!:p

Wow, wheeliechicken............you've put most of us old-timers to shame with your labels.

Would you be interested in helping me with some designs for my brews?

You're close enough to me we could get together in person!:p

Thanks but its whats INSIDE the bottles that count - and I could learn a few things from you "old-timers" I'm sure. Next time you're passing through Zeeland give me a shout!

Very nice Classy look. What does the TH stand for?

Todd Huizingh. My friends call me TH. I have a vanity license plate that just has TH on it. Someone once asked me, "is that short for 'The Man' or something?" I mentioned that to my buddies and now they call me stuff like "The engineer" or "The brewer", etc. So I thought my brewery should be called THe Brewery.

Back