Force Carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominator6

Reaction score
So I read up on force carbing soda and one guy gave the idea of force carbing through the "out" portion of the keg to have the C02 go directly into the beer. Is that a good idea for force carbing beer? Just a thought!

I read that, too. No need whatsoever.

Do a search here, as there are many methods listed. I do a purge session, then load to 30psi overnight, bleed pressure, set at 12 and let sit for another day.

Perfect every time.

Eric

The CO2 regulator should have a check valve to stop any beer from flowing into it, if it doesn't it will be damaged. I don't think using the out post will carbonate the beer any faster because the CO2 bubbles going through the tube are not very small, so they don't necessarily dissolve faster. For what it's worth, I would use the proper post.

if u do this make sure you use a liquid out connect as the gas-in line is an incorrect size and will bleed out your co2 tank(i am not speaking from experience here:D ). it will carb your beer faster with a larger contact area for transfer of co2 into solution

I read that, too. No need whatsoever.

Do a search here, as there are many methods listed. I do a purge session, then load to 30psi overnight, bleed pressure, set at 12 and let sit for another day.

Perfect every time.

Eric

+1 on this, works like a dream!

Back