Hey GRABASS kids!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebou4860

Reaction score
What would you think about getting a brew tour for Big Boss Brewing?
They do a brewery tour the second saturday of the month. If we cant get our s#!t together for january we have plenty of time until Feb.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in. I also suggested Triangle Brewing in Durham. They do a brewery tour every couple of weeks. We could plan one of those, too, for some time in Feb./March (or, hell, April; I'm easy).

Chad

Sorry, can't make it. Kellie reminded me the kids have a soccer thing on Saturday. Damn family!

Professor Frink said:
Good call, already in my iCalendar. I was recruiting some friends for that tonight at the Carrboro Tyler's Pint Night. They had the Highland Winter - pretty tasty.

I will be interested to see if it is notably more crowded for this compared to their other pint nights.

I've never been to the pint nights in Durham, are they crowded? Carrboro usually isn't too bad, though they run out pretty early most weeks.

Professor Frink said:
I've never been to the pint nights in Durham, are they crowded? Carrboro usually isn't too bad, though they run out pretty early most weeks.

No, not really. More crowded than a regular weekday, but we have never had a problem getting a table or the pint of the night. Of course, we are usually there on the early side. I have never been to the Carrboro night, so I can't compare.

My SWMBO should be there too, so we're at:

Professor Frink + SWMBO
joebou4860
Boston + SWMBO and a buddy
Chad (?)
9/9 (?)

Professor Frink said:
My SWMBO should be there too, so we're at:

Professor Frink + SWMBO
joebou4860
Boston + SWMBO and a buddy
Chad (?)
9/9 (?)

I'm in.

Chad

Professor Frink said:
Bumping it up for tomorrow. So far we have:

Professor Frink
joebou4860
Boston
Chad (?)
9/9 (?)

anyone else?

I think I am an offical maybe. Probably won't know for sure until the morning of. I guess I will just have to look for you all if we get to make it.

9/9 said:
I think I am an offical maybe. Probably won't know for sure until the morning of. I guess I will just have to look for you all if we get to make it.

Just look for the disreputable group of people furtively stuffing copper fittings into their pants :D

Actually we probably should get there a little early and meet up in the parking lot so we can introduce ourselves.

Chad

Chad said:
Just look for the disreputable group of people furtively stuffing copper fittings into their pants :D

Actually we probably should get there a little early and meet up in the parking lot so we can introduce ourselves.

Chad

There'll be more than copper fittings in my pants. Actually, I don't know what that means. But I'll be there with the SWMBO and two other friends.

Professor Frink said:
That sounds so shady. The secret phrase is "It's a cold day for pontooning"

And the counterphrase is "Yes, but the beaver swims at midnight."

Chad

Hey, Boston, where were ya yesterday? We missed you. Big crowd at the brewery and a fun tour. I brought home a couple of growlers of the coffee stout if you want a sample.

Chad

Well, we made it a bit late, and had a great time. Sorry we didn't find the rest of you, but it was crowded and didn't really feel like asking everyone there if they were with the HBT group.

Maybe at the next one?

9/9 said:
Well, we made it a bit late, and had a great time. Sorry we didn't find the rest of you, but it was crowded and didn't really feel like asking everyone there if they were with the HBT group.

Maybe at the next one?

Shoot, I'm sorry we missed you. Next time we'll have to work out a better system for finding one another. We were the small group harassing the brewer/tour guide about yeast strains. He was a lot of fun to talk to.

Chad

Chad said:
Shoot, I'm sorry we missed you. Next time we'll have to work out a better system for finding one another. We were the small group harassing the brewer/tour guide about yeast strains. He was a lot of fun to talk to.

Chad

Yeah, it was a good tour. I think that we are probably going to be more likely to drink the Big Boss beers now that we have met the people involved. They seem like good people.

Argh, we got there late, 2:15 or so, and the line meandered thru the parking lot and out to the street. We sat in line for 10 minutes or so and then said screw this. Their beer is OK but not worth waiting in line for. Back to my house for a campfire and homebrew. Sorry we missed y'all.

Next Saturday is my birthday and my buddy Tom is taking me to Carolina Brewing Company for their open house. Maybe we can get a group together for that?
Jeff

Just got an e-mail the other day from Carolina Brewing about the Spring Bock release. They also still have the Imperial Stout, as well as some other limited batch stuff for sale. Wondering if anyone was interested in the tour next saturday (02/16)? Just throwing it out there. Cheers!

Back