Plastic fermentor for Mashing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkorpal

Reaction score
Because of a UPS problem, I am in a pinch right now. Do you think a plastic fermenting bucket can hold 155 degree water without warping or melting? It will be just this once. Thanks.

PS, I'll be insulating it, so I don't think loosing temp should be too much of a problem.

Yes, I've done partial-mashes in my bottling bucket with no problem. Even pre-heated, though, and then wrapped with a sleeping bag, I lost about 8 degrees in 45 minutes. That would be more of a concern to me than the high temperature in the ale pail.

Yes, I've done partial-mashes in my bottling bucket with no problem. Even pre-heated, though, and then wrapped with a sleeping bag, I lost about 8 degrees in 45 minutes. That would be more of a concern to me than the high temperature in the ale pail.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Hopefully, I can insulate it well enough to keep at least reasonable temps.

Latest posts

Back