So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heating the strike water for 10 gallons of my honey irish red. Later start than I wanted, but at least I'm brewing today and not doing house projects....wait...damn....

Mashing an American Wheat Ale for SWMBO as we speak. Also putting together a marinade for some chicken legs & thighs for tonite's dinner.

I bottled an AG batch of Denny's Rye IPA yesterday. Today I and brewed Jamil's Hop Bursting recipe (American Amber), also AG. I previously have brewed the Northern Brewer extract kit based on this recipe called Evil Twin. I'm real curious to see how this compares.

I'm brewing a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout clone today, so I'm pretty stoked. I've already toasted the oats--just waiting for the strike water to cool to the correct temp.

Heating the strike water for 10 gallons of my honey irish red. Later start than I wanted, but at least I'm brewing today and not doing house projects....wait...damn....

I've been looking to brew a honey Irish Red. Can you post your recipe?

obliged!

Just put a batch of Rye IPA Partial Mash kit from Northern Brewer in my primary fermenter. Added 0.5oz of Kent Goldings I had left over from making Graff at 5 mins left in the boil, and will dry hop with an extra 2oz of Amarillo. 5.5 oz of hops total. Should be amazing!

Also bottled my first batch of Graff. Tastes great already. Primed with 40 oz of apple juice.

I've been looking to brew a honey Irish Red. Can you post your recipe?

obliged!

5-gal recipe 1, simple but good

Irish Honey Red
Batch size 5.2 gallons
Boil size 6.3 gallons
Boil time 60 minutes
Grain wt. 14 pounds
Efficiency 78%

Original gravity 1.069
Final gravity 1.018
Alcohol (volume) 6.7%
Bitterness (IBU) 20
Color (SRM) 18.8°L
Yeast Danstar Nottingham Ale

Grains/Extracts/Sugars
2 Row Base 37ppg, 1.5°L 12 pounds
Crystal 40L 34ppg, 40°L 0.75 pounds
Barley (Roasted) 28ppg, 500°L 0.25 pounds
Special B 30ppg, 140°L 0.25 pounds
Liquid Sugar - Wildflower Honey 40ppg, 1°L 0.75 pounds (during cooling)

Hops
Cascade hops 6%, Pellet 1 ounce @ 60 minutes
Fuggles hops 5%, Pellet 1 ounce @ 5 minutes

Mash
90 minutes, 7.2 gallons
Strike Target 152°F 3.3 gallons
Sparge Target 170°F 3.9 gallons

10-gal recipe (tweaked to make it better?)

Batch size 11 gallons
Boil size 12.8 gallons
Boil time 60 minutes
Grain wt. 29 pounds
Efficiency 78%

Original gravity 1.071
Final gravity 1.015
Alcohol (volume) 7.3%
Bitterness (IBU) 21
Color (SRM) 19.2°L
Yeast Danstar Nottingham Ale

Grains/Extracts/Sugars
Golden Promise 32ppg, 2°L 22 pounds
Honey 30ppg, 20°L 2 pounds
Crystal 40L 34ppg, 40°L 1 pound
Oats (Flaked) 32ppg, 2°L 1 pound
Special B 30ppg, 140°L 0.5 pounds
CaraRed 35ppg, 17°L 0.5 pounds
Barley (Roasted) 28ppg, 500°L 0.5 pounds
Liquid Sugar - Orange Blossom Honey 40ppg, 1°L 1.5 pounds (during chilling)

Hops
Cascade hops 6%, Pellet 2 ounces @ 60
Summit hops 16%, Pellet 1 ounce @ 5
Fuggles hops 5%, Pellet 1 ounce @ 5

Mash
90 minutes, 14.6 gallons
Strike Target 152°F 6.9 gallons
Sparge Target 170°F 7.7 gallons

Ferment
14 days @ 57-70°F

Helping my friend brew a pumpkin ale Friday and I'm brewing an Irish Red Ale this Saturday. Two days in a row of brewing...good times.

I'm brewing up an Apple Cider this weekend. Never made a cider before, so it should be fun.

5gal NB Caribou Slobber Brown
5gal NB Three Hearted Ale

Hopefully brewing on the new Brewers Equipment beer sculpture.

I never brew on weekends.....but I brewed a batch of a Founder's Breakfast Stout clone yesterday. Does that count? Maxed out my "big orange" 10 gal. Rubbermaid MLT....the worst part was when I had to lift it from a chair to a bench. I managed, but that pretty much maxed me out.

Friday's my only real day off, so it's my default brewing day. Brewing Over-The-Fence Weissbier this Friday. Racking Brevis Bock to secondary for a long lagering phase on Saturday.

This is a long thread!

I'm brewing something. I have ingredients for 5 different recipes. One will be converted into a bucket full of beautiful bubbling wort.

Traditional Bock
Robust Porter
Hop Head Double IPA
Fat Tire Clone
Drop Top Clone

I'm leaning towards the porter.

Brewing my first 13 gallon batch Saturday.

Code Name: Big Freakin' Wheat

5 gallon and 3 gallon keg of Hefeweizen and a 5 gallon keg of Blueberry Wheat.

:rockin:

I'll be brewing a milk stout (that will later have half split into chocolate and cherry versions). I might get around to bottling a bourbon barrel ESB too if it tastes right.

Decided last night to tack on the "Cream of Three Crops" by BM. Family event coming up and they are friends of Budweiser and Miller..etc. Hoping that this will please em. So now my weekends looking like...

Fri- Sasparilly for the kids :)
Sat- "So Long Summer" Witbier
Sun-"Cream of Three Crops" Cream ale

Going to try my first all-grain. Midwestsupplies kit: Hop Head Double IPA. Maybe some foosball at the same time. Sh*t's gonna get crazy.

Going to brew an English Mild friday after work. Boss asked me to come in at 8. Means I get out 30 minutes earlier which means 30 minutes earlier brewing. :ban:

Belgian Strong this Saturday. Will hopefully be ready by the time Thanksgiving rolls around, but we'll see...

9 lb. Pilsen LME
1 lb. Wheat DME
1 lb. dark Candi syrup
1/2 lb. CaraMunich
1/2 lb. Special B

2 oz. Fuggle-60 min.
1 oz. Styrian Goldings-10 min.

Whirlfloc tablet

OG: 1.082
FG: 1.015 @ 80.8% attenuation
ABV: 9% (woof!)
IBU: 28.7
18.0 SRM

Edit: forgot, using WLP500 & WLP530.

Got discouraged and didn't brew for a bit because I had a funky off flavor I couldn't place. Got a new water filter and hoping that fixes it, brewed an IPA this past weekend and going to brew a red soon. Maybe tonight. Late night brew? Hrmmm...

Got discouraged and didn't brew for a bit because I had a funky off flavor I couldn't place. Got a new water filter and hoping that fixes it, brewed an IPA this past weekend and going to brew a red soon. Maybe tonight. Late night brew? Hrmmm...

:off: Late night brewing... never again. :cross: I wound up awake till 4am.... not because of the brew, but because I decided, what a wonderful time to free up some of my bottles by drinking them! HAHA! :drunk: My husband watched on as I stumbled through the mash and boil while changing into my "Cat Woman" costume, dancing on the table, and doing a can can dance as I pitched the yeast.... Late night never again... :)

I'll be adding the columbus, chinook, and fuggles for dry hopping the IPA. Hop devil style malt profile with Chinook, Columbus, cascade, and fuggles in the flavor section to give a hint of fruit. I'm really looking forward to trying it. The Fall is particularly great for brewing. ;)

I'll be mixing up my first batch of apfelwien. Mid week I'll be bottling my First Born Pale Ale, and the following weekend I'll be refilling my primary with some Punkin Porter :)

Latest posts

Back