guinness anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz

Reaction score
i love guinness, i have the option of getting a stout kit from my LHBS, but i was looking for something close to guinness, can anyone help?

there are plenty of guinness type clone kits in the world. Ask them if theirs is the right style of stout for that (Irish dry stout) and if not, I am sure you can get one on the internet.

Remember that Guinness is typically served on nitrogen, so that creamy consistency will be lost unless you have a nitro tap at home.

Just remember, one of the things that makes a Guinness is the nitrogen that gives it that creaminess. You can make a clone that tastes just like Guinness, but if you can't serve it with nitrogen it will never be the same.

Remember that Guinness is typically served on nitrogen, so that creamy consistency will be lost unless you have a nitro tap at home.

Yeah, and creaminess is the only good thing about Guinness, IMO. Without nitro you'd have a bland, flat stout. With nitro, you'd have a bland, flat, creamy stout.

You can still make a good Guinness type stout without nitrogen though. I'd add some flaked outs to give it some good mouthfeel.

Yeah, and creaminess is the only good thing about Guinness, IMO. Without nitro you'd have a bland, flat stout. With nitro, you'd have a bland, flat, creamy stout.

Apparently you don't like Guinness.

Unfortunately for the OP, your post didn't really help. I don't see why some feel it's necessary to inject their dislikes when it doesn't help.

Apparently you don't like Guinness.

Unfortunately for the OP, your post didn't really help. I don't see why some feel it's necessary to inject their dislikes when it doesn't help.

And yours helps how? I was just agreeing with carnevoodoo and Oompa Loompa concerning nitro, which was clearly a relevant point. Thanks for setting me straight though.

guys, pissing contests are never 'won' here...

on-topic: they do make stout syringes that'll help produce a stout draw that's 'like' a nitro-faucet.

not exactly the same, but its cheap and worth trying.

Back