How to Get a 1" Blow Off Tube to fit a 1.5" Hole

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalgayer

Reaction score
Hey -
I have a 1" blow off tube that I wondering how I can get to fit into my better bottle that is about 1.5" diameter.

Do I cut a bung? How?

Tape the hose till it fits? What kind of tape?

Any ideas?

You guys are geniuses

You could put the hose into the hole and wrap the hell out of the top of the intersection with plastic wrap from the kitchen. Not pretty, but if this is an emergency, it will work.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/need-help-better-bottle-explosion-77541/

Lots of options in this thread. I do what MCKBrew suggested, however, instead of using that small tubing I slide a 1 inch tube right inside the airlock - fits perfect. I pour some starsan solution around the tube in the airlock and put the other end of the tube in a bucket of starsan solution. Make sure you cut off the plastic "X" on the bottom of the airlock so the blow off can flow.

Alternatively, put some Fermcap S in the fermenter and you shouldn't need a blow off tube

I used a 1 1/8 inch hole drill but. Put the hose inside ... filled with hot glue gun.

You drilled out the bung? (Insert 'that's what she said' joke here) That works even better than my idea.

I slide a 1 inch tube right inside the airlock - fits perfect. I pour some starsan solution around the tube in the airlock and put the other end of the tube in a bucket of starsan solution.

I do the same thing. Never had a problem.

Back