Mild Label Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm doing a mild as one of my two beers for NYE. Got my blonde label, but can't for the life of me come up with a Mild Label idea. Any ideas what should go on it? I'd really like the basis to be a pic of me but don't know in what way. This is because the Blonde is based on a picture of my wife. So I'd like to have us both up there on the tap box :)

This is probably really lame, but what if you did a take on a traditional salsa label, with special emphasis on the word "mild"? And then a photo of you in a sombrero?

Okay, that just went from bad to worse.

This is probably really lame, but what if you did a take on a traditional salsa label, with special emphasis on the word "mild"? And then a photo of you in a sombrero?

Okay, that just went from bad to worse.

thats not bad, I like it hahaha

"Born to be Mild" With your pic. Lots of room for ideas.
I like this. Wth a picture of me doing something very mediocre/average :D

take a pic of you playing checkers...

I don't get this, unless it's for the average type task as mentioned above for the Born to be Mild theme.
Dressed in a cardigan sweater sitting in the park with another old man:)

Why mediocre and average? Mild as a style is neither mediocre nor average. Nor is it bland, boring or only worthy of old men playing checkers.

Not sure where you're going with that idea. Is it only IIPA that's exciting?

I think you could remove the whole "Mild" idea from it, and call it "Coal Scuttle Session Ale" or something. After all, old furnaces ran on coal, Mild was a Black Country drink, quaffed in gallons by thirsty coal miners. There's a neat tie-in that has nothing to do with boring, mediocre beer.

Sorry if I'm a little tetchy about my favorite style. :D

Bob

Why mediocre and average? Mild as a style is neither mediocre nor average. Nor is it bland, boring or only worthy of old men playing checkers.

I think you could remove the whole "Mild" idea from it, and call it "Coal Scuttle Session Ale" or something. After all, old furnaces ran on coal, Mild was a Black Country drink, quaffed in gallons by thirsty coal miners. There's a neat tie-in that has nothing to do with boring, mediocre beer.

Bob

I think it's pretty much just a play on the word "mild."

I can't be sure, but I'd be willing to bet he enjoys the beer he's brewing. ;)

Bob

Just a play on words Bob :) I am not a Hop head. Was about a year ago, but that got old pretty quick.

It's no disrespect to the the style. I obviously like it or I wouldn't be brewing it and serving it to guests.
I do like the Session Ale theme too. Just looking for something I could use my face on since my wife's face will be on the other tap.

Here's what I've got so far.
MildLabel21.jpg

Back