Another Johnson A419 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
I just hooked up the A419 to my 7 cubic foot Holiday. It is empty right now but want to get it cool because I am making a lager today.

I have the controller set:
Sp - 45
Dif - 2
ASD - 10
OFS - 0
SF - 1

The controller shut off at 43 which is what I wanted but the temp kept going down to 34. If the compressor shuts off, shouldn't it stop getting colder? I would assume it would get a few degrees colder but not 9 or 10 more.

Do I have something set wrong?

Also, I have heard the freezer should be set to the coldest setting. Is this true?

How long did it take to get down to 34? Is your anti short cycle delay preventing the freezer from turning off?

And, yes, keep the freezer on its coldest setting.

no, there is still cold coolant in the lines, which will continue to remove heat from the space.

in a completely empty freezer it's magnified, once you have things in there it'll be less dramatic.

Great, that is what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Soon I will have a lager primary and some bottles. I will probably put two kegs of water in there just to take up some of the cold so I can keep it around 53 to 55 degrees.

Thanks guys

Oh and I'll have to put it on the coldest setting, thanks

Back