IPA partial mash recipe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosox

Reaction score
I've been wanting to make a clone of Wachusett's Publick House LARRY IIPA. For those who haven't had it, it's a very citrus flavored and aroma type IIPA, with 7.5% ABV and 85 IBU. Quite possibly my favorite beer as of right now.

I already have 3oz of Centennials and 3oz of Amarillos that should be enough for the citrus flavor. I also have 2oz of Magnums, 2oz Williamettes, and 3oz Fuggles, but I doubt I'd use any of those except maybe the Magnums for boiling. So here's a possible recipe just for the hops, but I could use suggestions for any grains and malt extracts.

2oz Centennial (bittering)
2oz Amarillo (flavor)
1oz Amarillo (aroma)
1oz Centennial (aroma)

I could also try some dry hopping too with more Amarillo hops

Probably use some amber DME, as I made a great IPA with it last time (Muntons) but any sugegstions are great!

As for grains, I was thinking maybe a Crystal, or Dark Munich, but that's only because I've had experience with them before. A smoked malt would eb fun to try though. I'm pretty open to suggestions :mug:

good place to start is always their website:
Amarillo, Chinook, Simcoe, Magnum, Centennial hops,
American Two Row, Crystal and Munich Malts.
A.B.V. 7.5% | 85 IBUs

I agree its a great beer, but I haven't had it recently enough to remember the color and taste to give too much of a guess, but if you want to use amber DME maybe something like this:
6lbs Amber DME
3lbs 2-row
0.75lb munich
0.25lb crystal
Since you got it, I'd bitter with magnum, and do late/dry hops with the amarillo and centennial

actually, I think this may be a better route:
6lbs Light DME
3lbs 2-row
1.25lbs munich
0.25lb crystal
I think 3lbs of amber DME is roughly 4lbs 2-row, 0.75lbs munich, 0.25lbs crystal 60 if you want to swap that instead

How'd this clone go? Did you find the recipe or figure it out? I've been looking all over the place and since it's local really haven't found anything.

Latest posts

Back