upright chest freezer question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpresidente

Reaction score
hello everyone,

I found this on CL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/app/1727431738.html

It says its a 9.0 cubic foot upright freezer and looks like it might be a possible option for a through the door 2 - 3 tap kegorator...

Does anyone have one like this? I can't tell if the cooling coils are in the shelves or not. I was also wondering if anyone knew where the cooling parts are, if its not in the shelves are they in the door or the sides? I am trying to determine if I can add taps to the door or side.

...thanks for any input. Cheers :mug:

I used to have that exact freezer. There certainly weren't any lines in the door, and IIRC you could move the wire shelves which means no cooling lines.

I used to have that exact freezer. There certainly weren't any lines in the door, and IIRC you could move the wire shelves which means no cooling lines.

NICE!! this sounds like I might be able to use it....

It looks like I can fit corney kegs in there upright, from what you remember do you think I can? and if so approxiamately how many? I am thinking (hoping) 4...

As it was somewhere around 1986 when we got rid of it, my memory's a bit hazy, but if I had to guess I'd say 4 is probably doable.

Back