Tuesday Night: What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished the first bottle of my English Dark Mild. I think it's got a little way to go as it's only been in the bottle for a week but even still, not bad at all. I do wish I had added a bit of oatmeal or dextrin malt to add a little bit more body, though.

Just finished the first bottle of my English Dark Mild. I think it's got a little way to go as it's only been in the bottle for a week but even still, not bad at all. I do wish I had added a bit of oatmeal or dextrin malt to add a little bit more body, though.

Mash high, like 158 for 40 minutes to add some chewiness.

Cappuccinos, tonight was a rest night for my liver. Tomorrow...I think I will start with a Stoudt's Double IPA and then do a Victory Storm King Stout. Been drinking the homebrew lately...time for a little craft. :)

Homebrew blonde bomb before i went out... Went to a great local brewery, Boscos, and had a couple great brews a Scottish Ale and what the call "Hop God" the IBU was listed as "beyond all feasible calculation" or something to that affect.. now, just regular old shinerbock

I went to Oggi's with a friend and had their "torrey pines" cask conditioned IPA as well as their Scottish ale and belgian style ale.

funny thing about Oggi's is they have a very decent american style lager that my friend ordered. he let his GF try his beer and she thought it tasted great. well I saw her eyeing my beer and I told her not to even bother because she would not like it. she asks why and I say, "you only like to drink miller lite. this is a cask conditioned IPA so it's a little hard core to introduce to a BMC person. if you want to try a decent beer wait for the next one and I'll get something a little more towards your style." well she had none of this and insisted on trying my beer. "ok.", I said. well she took a tiny sip and looked at me and said, "it tastes like really heavy beer that has been sitting out for a week served at room temperature." all I could say to her was I told you so.

needless to say she refused to try any other beer I got tonight.

stopped at the grocery store on my way out of work and picked up a 6 of Leffe Blonde.

Mash high, like 158 for 40 minutes to add some chewiness.

Yeah, still doing mini-mash currently and the high mash didn't seem to add quite enough body for my tastes. Of course, it could have been that my thermometer was out of calibration and I was actually mashing around 170...it seemed to convert though, maybe not so much. We'll see how it matures over the next few weeks.

Proper pub. Proper beer.

CDD24740-582B-4A3D-AD54-5D95AC9E5A23.jpeg

Latest posts

Back