Another naming my beer thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamb258

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Seeking help from the creative types. The name of my brewhouse/brewery is "Bone House". I am a physical therapist so i thought something anatomical in nature might be a cool idea. Every time I come up with something I like it sounds dumb when I say it out loud.

I am looking to name an IPA and a russian imperial stout.

Thought I would show my logo to spice it up in here =)

http://dribbble.s3.amazonaws.com/users/106802/screenshots/861909/bone-house.gif

Thats a really cool logo! First thing that came to mind was "Bloody Knuckle" stout/ipa. I just wanted to compliment the logo! I'd drink a beer with that label :rockin:

Thanks, ill tell my buddy who did the artwork for me! I am working with Host to get some cool tap handles made.

i think i have decided on Substantia Nigra for my stout. plays perfectly into my profession/theme and translated literally means "black substance".

Now to think of an IPA name

Idk if it fits either beer but i thought of chiropractic-ale. I also know its not quite your profession but it fits bonehouse. Cheers

Many manually trained PTs are very skilled in manipulation ("adjustments"), its entry level for my program. I don't think by PT buddies would let me live down that name though =)

and I wont be telling my chiro friends you suggested it =P

I was also suggested "CN I" for the IPA. That would be cranial nerve I, olfactory nerve, playing on the intense aroma of the IPA.

Could also do "CN II" (optic) for the stout, since its pitch black . . . kind of a stretch I guess. That theme doesnt lead to many more options though.

I am open to any suggestion for any/either style. I appreciate all the comments/suggestions so far, they have spurred a lot of ideas.

Also thinking about Atlas for the IPA and Axis for the stout. This woudl be referring to the first and second cervical vertebrae.

You seem to be pretty anatomically specific about your names i dont know if alot of people will understand most of those. Kind of like a riddle in a title..

Yeah, my buddy said the same thing today. I decided its really just for me anyway and a little mystery doesnt hurt. Still undecided though

Back