I am an idiot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've ran into a few large tanks underground. The contents smelled and looked like sewage. Must have been from a new brewer.......or DFH.

Mine are unmistakeable, and (PHEW!) presumeably still hidden. Of course, if you had found one of mine, your headless corpse would probly be long devoured by my killer whales with frickin laser beams.

they are a little too effective......still no sign of the National Geographic film crew that is 4 months over due.:(

Mine are unmistakeable, and (PHEW!) presumeably still hidden. Of course, if you had found one of mine, your headless corpse would probly be long devoured by my killer whales with frickin laser beams.

they are a little too effective......still no sign of the National Geographic film crew that is 4 months over due.:(

You mean this guy? He was a pu$$ycat compared to that saber-toothed wooly ferret you had by the back entrance.

ForumRunner_20130521_214748.png

That ferret was seriously not going to let me by. What do you feed it??

image-3463656376.jpg

Hmmmmm.........it appears the person who started that second thread has a piece of equipment I want nothing to do with, much less purchase.

WesleyS said:
Hmmmmm.........it appears the person who started that second thread has a piece of equipment I want nothing to do with, much less purchase.

Ha! That's not the first time this has happened to you. You have a sparge ass after taco night.

bottlebomber said:
Ha! That's not the first time this has happened to you. You have a sparge ass after taco night.

Haha. You're probably right.
But that SS one listed for sale in the picture is probably easier to clean and sanitize. ;)

Maybe you'll all enjoy this idiocy story. Maybe not.

I still talk to myself when I make beer. "And now I need to sparge" etc. Its not all by rote yet. So the other week when two of my buddies came over to be help brew, my talking to myself I was helping my process and they were learning. The student was the teacher.

At one point during the boil I said "put out your hands gentlemen" and sprayed sanitizer on them. "Ok, thats for the next step?" "No just wanted to see if you would fall for that"

They fell for it two more times that night.

I still talk to myself when I make beer. "And now I need to sparge" etc. Its not all by rote yet. So the other week when two of my buddies came over to be help brew, my talking to myself I was helping my process and they were learning. The student was the teacher.

At one point during the boil I said "put out your hands gentlemen" and sprayed sanitizer on them. "Ok, thats for the next step?" "No just wanted to see if you would fall for that"

Indeed, funny!;)

Should have sprayed their hands with permanent ink. :fro:

leftcontact said:
Wild, brains, but no courage.

Good, the ferrets love lion brain.
I figured the lions lacked courage, or else they probably wouldn't have been caught.

You mean this guy? He was a pu$$ycat compared to that saber-toothed wooly ferret you had by the back entrance.

View attachment 123560

That ferret was seriously not going to let me by. What do you feed it??
This is why I setup a pocket dimension to do my fermenting in. No over eager excavators running across them by accident.

The only problem I've had is the yeast has developed sentience and became upset when I tried to drain the wine. I guess I shouldn't have set the temporal differential to 1:1,000,000,000,000. What can I say, I'm impatient and I like well aged wine.

Has anyone else ever been explosively ejected from a three-humped duckbilled camel and wondered why they have spring loaded legs to begin with? My shoulder really hurts. I should have listened to the gypsy.

boydsbitchinbrews said:
Has anyone else ever been explosively ejected from a three-humped duckbilled camel and wondered why they have spring loaded legs to begin with? My shoulder really hurts. I should have listened to the gypsy.

Psshht......noob!
Everyone knows you can only trust 4-1/254 humped camels.

One tried that with me once. It was tasty, though the springs made it a little chewy. After that, the rest decided it was better to be good.

One tried that with me once. It was tasty, though the springs made it a little chewy. After that, the rest decided it was better to be good.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying a nice 413oz camel steak right now (I discard the duckbill and save the springs for other purposes) and it's delicious. It just never really occurred to me to question the reason for camels genetically enhanced in such a manner until now. You should have seen the look on his beak in that last moment though... Priceless.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying a nice 413oz camel steak right now (I discard the duckbill and save the springs for other purposes) and it's delicious. It just never really occurred to me to question the reason for camels genetically enhanced in such a manner until now. You should have seen the look on his beak in that last moment though... Priceless.
Make sure you are chewing on one of the springs the next time you go to mount one. You shouldn't have any more problems. :D

How long did you leave the camel in your sous-vide cooker? 413 oz will take over 3 days to get tender you know. Patience!

How long did you leave the camel in your sous-vide cooker? 413 oz will take over 3 days to get tender you know. Patience!

I use a temporal anomaly inducing barbeque pit. The temporal variance is achieved through temperature control, and by cooking it at 268,834,951 kelvin, it is done in about an hour. It's like the Pearle Vision of bbq'ing. Very sensitive though... It is not a linear scale but rather one based on chaos theory, meaning a one degree variance could change the cooking time anywhere from one pico second to 1 googolplex galactic revolutions. I use the same temperature controller for the cooker as I use for my beer, and it had only failed me once... But that is another tale, one that was 3 millennia in the making.

I use a temporal anomaly inducing barbeque pit. The temporal variance is achieved through temperature control, and by cooking it at 268,834,951 kelvin, it is done in about an hour. It's like the Pearle Vision of bbq'ing. Very sensitive though... It is not a linear scale but rather one based on chaos theory, meaning a one degree variance could change the cooking time anywhere from one pico second to 1 googolplex galactic revolutions. I use the same temperature controller for the cooker as I use for my beer, and it had only failed me once... But that is another tale, one that was 3 millennia in the making.
I was wondering who ended up with my old BBQ.

As much as I like camel jerky, after witnessing a whole camel grilled, I almost puked and can no longer enjoy the meat. Really unusual for me. It was served....whole....on a big god damned platter covered with rice. People just pulled meat off with their hands and scooped rice into their gaping holes. Still don't know why it made me nauseus.

Is it wrong that the idea of hundreds of people having a camel roast like you described made me happy?

No problem! I feel weak and ignorant admitting that I was not. I knew you would relish it before you typed a letter!;)

something about the beautiful petite women grabbing handfulls of meat and rice from the still recognizable carcass, and stuffing their faces shamelessly made me feel ill.:(

No problem! I feel weak and ignorant admitting that I was not. I knew you would relish it before you typed a letter!;)

something about the beautiful petite women grabbing handfulls of meat and rice from the still recognizable carcass, and stuffing their faces shamelessly made me feel ill.:(

Huh.... do you have the same problem at pig roasts? Whole-pig bbq is a thing in Kentucky isnt it?

Huh.... do you have the same problem at pig roasts? Whole-pig bbq is a thing in Kentucky isnt it?

Believe it or not, people in Ky are far more "polite" and do not rip handfulls from the pig and stuff their faces, lol.

And no, a whole roasting pig is a thing of beauty!

Tehehehe.

I remember seeing something on one of the food channels about cultures that still eat with their hands that was really interesting. In northern India, meals are often served on banana leaves with rice seperate (the average Northern Indian adult eats a full POUND of cooked rice every day!) and make sort of a sushi-finger of rice in their right hand before using it almost as a spoon. They do this over and over again until all the rice (and presumably the rest of the meal) is done.

Another culture was in west Africa (I forget which country) that makes a yellow colored vegetable gravy that they eat with balls of yucca paste. They take the paste in one hand, make a thumb print in it and use it as a single-serving ladle.

What both cultures had in common is that the practiced adults had virtually spotlessly clean hands at the end of the meal. Interesting stuff.

Both the yellow gravy and whatever it was the interviewee's mother had made in Northern India (can you imagine telling some dude and a camera crew to come on over and have your mom cook for them?) looked really really good. When in Rome, I say.

When you think about how many adults a lamb can feed, I can only begin to fathom how many people could feast on a camel.

As much as I like camel jerky, after witnessing a whole camel grilled, I almost puked and can no longer enjoy the meat. Really unusual for me. It was served....whole....on a big god damned platter covered with rice. People just pulled meat off with their hands and scooped rice into their gaping holes. Still don't know why it made me nauseus.

That actually sounds delicious. I can see how odd it can be, but Whole any kind of animal cooking is a glorious sight in my eyes. Means lots of happy well fed jolly carnivores sitting around making merry.

Still don't remember that thing from WWI with the camel, dynamite, and necromancer huh? I didn't think a demon could be traumatized so badly it would lose a memory entirely. Then again, after THAT, I can't really blame you...

Back