Corona Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenhorn

Reaction score
My live in girlfriend loves Carona, but the "Mexican Beer" out of the can, though it was good, did not quite stand up to Corona, Any successful Corona recipes?
Also if you had any clever names for me that would be good. Like "Get'n Lucky Ale" something like that

Do a search, one of the other guys here did a batch a little while ago, it should be just about ready... I was going to ask him how it went cuz he used a recipe that I was planning on using in an upcoming batch.

I have a recipe for Dos Equis, also mexican beer, but supposed to be better than corona, though I've never tried it. If you want that, let me know, I can post it...

And keep us updated if you find any corona recipes, i haven't decided exactly how I'm going to make mine...

I would love to see your recipe for Dos Equis. I'm the kind a home brewer that likes to try lots of different things. Lots of experiments, but little science.

I have searched for it, but haven't come up with an accual recipe. Just sites trying to sell me stuff. If anyone has a site drop me a line. Thanks

Corona clone This is actually an partial mash ale with an ale yeast, but they claim it's close. You could probably use rice extract instead of rice flour, depends on what you can find.

Dos Equis is a much better mexican beer BTW (it's what all the mexicans drink anyway). If you're looking to duplicate that corona taste I'd suggest you use a lb or so of corn... maybe more. That unique corona taste that borders on sweetness is corn.. go easy on the hops too. I'm sure the cats meow website will have a receipe.

Greenhorn,
If you'll go to http:// brewery.org , you'll find several recipes for that and other styles of beer. They have extract, partial mash, and AG recipes there.

Back