Brew Stand Propane Supply Hose Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfrizzell

Reaction score
I'm in the process of designing my Brutus-esque brew stand and I'm looking to order a regulator and hose to supply the burners. I'd prefer to mount the regulator onboard the stand so it's not flopping around with the loose end that connects to the tank - seems less likely to get damaged from getting dropped.

I'm building a low pressure propane (11" WC) system so the output of the onboard regulator would be 11" WC. I'm looking to order a hose with the acme nut on one end and a 1/4" MNPT fitting on the other to connect to the regulator.

From what I've read, you want to go with the green or red acme nut to be able to supply enough BTU to feed multiple burners. However, looking at a few sites like this one:

http://gashosesandregulators.com/gasregulators.html
Or
http://www.alliedkenco.com/fitting-inlet-acme-green-1.aspx

they mention that the red and green are for high pressure only and not for equipment requiring low pressure. Does anyone know why one of these wouldn't work?

I have a brutus build as well and you can use any high pressure regulator with a low pressure system, just don't turn up the regulator too much. I ordered my supplies from Teja Smokers and the regulator attaches to the propane tank and the hose to the rig. The regulator is secured directly to the tank so it does not flop around.

I have a brutus build as well and you can use any high pressure regulator with a low pressure system, just don't turn up the regulator too much. I ordered my supplies from Teja Smokers and the regulator attaches to the propane tank and the hose to the rig. The regulator is secured directly to the tank so it does not flop around.

Teja's Smokers is a great supplier. I have used them in the past for other projects. They can make up any combination of their parts that you would need. Here is there website.

www.tejassmokers.com

Understand the regulator would be attached to the tank when in use. I'm more concerned about when not in use. I'd prefer the regulator be permanently attached to the stand so it's not on the end of a loose hose that could end up falling on the ground and getting banged up.

At any rate, I think I've got it all sorted now.

Back