My New Home Brew Dispensing Vehicle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supurb

Reaction score
Check out "Home Brew 1" (HB1) My new toy for dispensing my homebrew. Now I can tap a beer on my way out to the mail box every morning !

2011-07-02 10.45.24.jpg

Please Sir,

Can you endeavor to explain why you would create/own/operate such a vehicle?
Also include where I may obtain such a wonderful vehicle as that one is?

Thank You so kindly!

It was used by the Milwaukee Brewers in the early 80's. According to my sources it was the only one ever made for the Brewers. I have no idea if other stadiums had them. Its a Harley Davidson golf cart with a custom shell also built by Harley. It was decommissioned in the early 90's when tailgating became more popular. I came across a guy who had it sitting in a warehouse and bought it immediately. It has been a lot of fun at party's. As a bonus, its old enough that its already rigged for corney's !

It has a cold plate on the bottom of the steel box that the tappers are connected to. They would put dry ice in the box on top of the cold plate. Regular ice works too, it drains into a resevoir that you can dump any time you want. The steering wheel is also a locking cash box.

I was thinking old beer cart from a golf course, either way, that thing is awesome!

So does anyone know the current whereabouts of this schlitz can? My uncle (in the picture) used to drive it in parades. I want to bring it home.

schlitz.jpg

Hey nice find on those pics, I have scoured the internet trying to find more of these things.

Back