First ever batch of wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanthefreak

Reaction score
I am making about 4 gallons of strawberry wine, crushed up berries in first fermenter and added the cambden tablets and all that. After 7 days, i tasted it, tasted like it was carbonated, did i mess up or is that the bubbles from the yeast, im transferring it to my first carboy tomorrow after i go buy it, it tastes good and still sweet so still fermenting to happen, just making sure i dont make vinegar. Just started a gallon of banana and blueberry wine too, any hints?

The carbination is just CO2. Vinegar usually comes from a bacteria that comes into contact with your wine. As long as you follow procedure you'll be fine.

Just put the strawberry wine in the first carboy for fermenting, my whole house smells of alcohol and strawberry. Delicious, gonna add the yeast to my banana and blueberry wine tonight, just need to find some 1 gallon fermenting containers, the store was out of them today

Make sure you get an air lock. Also, a hydrometre is an inexpensive and very useful tool.

Dicky

Back