99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PintOfBitter

Reaction score
New game. Here's how it works: We start at 99 bottles of beer. You "take down" a bottle of beer by cracking one open at home and describing it here in as great of detail as possible. We'll try to make it through all 99 bottles without the thread dying.

The idea is to write your descriptions real-time as you sample, and for us all to exercise our palettes and analytical abilities.

Here we go:

99 Bottles of beer on the wall...

I'll start:

I take down a bottle of my dunkelweizen.

It pours with a thick, smooth and shiny beige head, leaving prominent lacing as it gradually descends. Color is deep amber with red highlights. Only slightly hazy due to extended settling time in the keg.

Medium esters in the nose, banana with a suggestion of clove, set on a rich background of caramel malts.

Flavor is silky caramel and wheat with a brown sugar like sweetness. Spicy and tangy/tart undertones heighten after a few sips, and an ethanol presence makes itself known. The perfectly balanced bitterness does not linger into the aftertaste, which is dominated by sweet clove.

98 bottles of beer on the wall.

Back