Russian River > BevMo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBasile

Reaction score
So I was at BevMo picking up supplies for my photo midterm (California beers) and I overheard who I'm assuming is the beer manager there talking to a friend of his (who I'm assuming works at Whole Foods) about Pliny the Elder. What I overheard is that Vinnie, the brewer at Russian River won't let BevMo carry Pliny until ALL of their beers are in fridge units. I'm assuming this is because he doesn't want Pliny to receive the "BevMo abuse" and therefore lose its amazing hop aroma and flavor before reaching the consumer.

I say bravo to Vinnie on this one for sticking to a higher quality end product rather than larger volume of sales.

Unfortunately, there are no RRs at my local BevMo.

There aren't any Russian Rivers at ANY BevMos because they dont keep their stuff cold. That's the whole point :)

The same guy that I overheard talking told a buddy of mine the same thing. If I were him I wouldn't be going around talking about this on the sales floor since, to me at least, it SCREAMS "We take such bad care of our product that companies refuse to work with us"

Have you guys been to that many bevmos? Most of them have huge windows letting direct sunlight onto the beer or wine. I am always afraid to buy beer there.

So I was at BevMo picking up supplies for my photo midterm (California beers) and I overheard who I'm assuming is the beer manager there talking to a friend of his (who I'm assuming works at Whole Foods) about Pliny the Elder. What I overheard is that Vinnie, the brewer at Russian River won't let BevMo carry Pliny until ALL of their beers are in fridge units. I'm assuming this is because he doesn't want Pliny to receive the "BevMo abuse" and therefore lose its amazing hop aroma and flavor before reaching the consumer.

I say bravo to Vinnie on this one for sticking to a higher quality end product rather than larger volume of sales.

I won't buy **** at BevMo because the store beer warm. Vinnie has it right, beer should be stored properly. F... BevMo

Have you guys been to that many bevmos? Most of them have huge windows letting direct sunlight onto the beer or wine. I am always afraid to buy beer there.

The four BevMos closest to my house all have the beer on the interior wall, well away from any windows.

Back