All malt extract brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rflinn68

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a couple cans of coopers IPA and 2 cans of Irish Stout and 3 cans of Light Malt Extract because of a great sale...$12.99 for the hopped extracts and $7.99 for the UME's.

I was wondering if someone has tried an all malt brew with a can of Irish Stout or IPA with a can of the UME and if so what were the results. :mug:

Well I've not done can kits for a while, but I do know that most brews will really taste a lot better by using all malt instead of dextrose. I'd look at an online calculator and figure out what you can do with the extracts. You can try BeerTools Beer Making Resources and Home Brewing Recipe Calculator and Formulator for one I like.

Off the top of my head I'd definitely use 2 cans of extract in a 5 gal batch, maybe do 3 and no sugar at all, but that will bump your gravity up such that you'd probably need some more hop bitterness to even it out.

Back