Anyone ever drink a beer hard to kill a keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm hitting my Rye IPA hard right now to make room for a new English Brown Ale. The latter is full of promise. But my keezer is full. So, either the kiddies lose their root beer or I kick this IPA which is almost floating anyway.

I think I'm pushing too hard. I'm a bit toasted right now. GD thing won't kick. Gonna be a long night.

All the time. Usually I'll bottle some up quick with the bowie bottler. That way I'll enjoy a couple a few weeks down the road.

I usually only put sessions in kegs so I can push hard to get it ready for the next session. that & pulling a handle is way too easy.

Downing the last 1/2 of a stout and an APA to make room right now, might get some freinds over to help. CHEERS

Yeah, my latest version of my Kentucky Common made with 05 has that "stone fruit" flavor that comes from brewing too low a temp on the yeast, especially with lower gravity beers, nothing wrong with it, I just don't like it as much as other things, and I've got a Chocolate Raspberry Belgian Porter about ready to go in the keezer, and I have my ipa on deck to brew. So I need to kill the keg, and can't seem to drink it fast enough.

passedpawn said:
I'm hitting my Rye IPA hard right now to make room for a new English Brown Ale. The latter is full of promise. But my keezer is full. So, either the kiddies lose their root beer or I kick this IPA which is almost floating anyway.

I think I'm pushing too hard. I'm a bit toasted right now. GD thing won't kick. Gonna be a long night.

Been there. Luckily I'm blessed with a friend who lives across the street who helps me with the heavy lifting. Sorry you have to go it alone.

Do you have a dog? Dogs are always willing to have at.

You know your pipeline is full when you figure you got to drink a six pack while bottling to have enough empties. Did that last week and I hope I remembered to put the sugar in but dang if I can remember it

I wish I knew that you needed help. I just left Florida on Saturday morning to make the drive back to Chicago. My brother lives in Clearwater (don't ask where because I don't really know), and my Aunt & Uncle live in Tampa (who I was visiting for the holidays). I would have been more than willing to help you kick that keg, and any other keg that needed help.

I have thrown a couple of "kick the keg" parties to make room for the new beer. I may have to have another one in a couple of weeks to make room for the 15 gallons that I currently have carbonating.

I have an Octoberfest that has been going since Thanksgiving, just got half a glass of foam tonight as the keg kicked, so now I am sad :(.

On the bright side, now I have an open keg so I can brew again next weekend :)

You need some friends

I had this happen with a half barrel. I was having a party and someone insisted that We HAD to have a keg, and had one delivered to my place. We didn't come close to drinking it. So I threw it in the garage with a couple extra bags of ice. I had to have my buddies from work over for a couple days

I did this a week or so ago. I brewed a caramel IPA, just something I threw together. Didn't like it, had just a bit left. Tried to float the keg. But the beer tossed me over it's shoulder and laughed. Took 2 days to finish that one.

I did this a week or so ago. I brewed a caramel IPA, just something I threw together. Didn't like it, had just a bit left. Tried to float the keg. But the beer tossed me over it's shoulder and laughed. Took 2 days to finish that one.

haha, yea, my IIPA won too. I quit at the right time. But now I'm burnt out on it and can't kick it. I'll see if it fits into a growler.

I finally gave in and bottled to sixers and a handful of bombers off a keg of saison that I've had since August.. even then I hadn't killed the keg so I regretfully dumped the last gallon or two.

I finally gave in and bottled to sixers and a handful of bombers off a keg of saison that I've had since August.. even then I hadn't killed the keg so I regretfully dumped the last gallon or two.

I don't feel sorry ever for someone who lives in Santa Rosa. No way.

I dragged the family up there in August and had a blast.

Happened with my first chocolate cherry porter keg... Poured multiple beers a night trying to kick it went i lifted it and it was light... Took about another 12 beers to kick.. Or two heavy nights of drinking

Oh, yes, I have done this, actually decided why not bottle a quart? Seal it up, see what happens. I don't think PET ever really explodes. Took me until this afternoon to finish it off.. then I could hardly get up and walk to clean it out. Took a nap after that. I will refill it tomorrow.

I finally got a decent supply of bottles. Rebottled a bunch of stuff from horrible plastic bottles and mason jars. Now I have a big glass of witches brew from the leftovers of the various rebottled batches.

It's horrible, and about 14% alcohol.... I just spotted another mason jar hiding behind a box. :smack:

Hitting a keg hard right now.. guestimating it had about 10 or so left in it lets do this

I took on the same challenge a few weeks ago. The kegs always feel so light but they keep pouring. (Or may it was a miracle...the never ending keg!) I lost the first night, but won the second (I was so close too!)

I took on the same challenge a few weeks ago. The kegs always feel so light but they keep pouring. (Or may it was a miracle...the never ending keg!) I lost the first night, but won the second (I was so close too!)

If I could lose this fight night after night that would be a miracle

I both love and hate the never ending keg syndrome. I'm always excited when I get another full pint out of it when I was sure it would kick 3-4 pints ago, and then always get bummed when it does finally kick.

I've got a keg of Denny's Vanilla Bourbon Porter doing that to me right now.. it feels so light, but just keeps on pouring. It'll be a sad day when it finally kicks.

I just started brewing and I don't keg yet but I am so so happy that this is an actual problem for homebrewers...Good Luck on your missions men

Wasn't it just last month that you were dumping 2 kegs of oktoberfest?

Too cold to water the grubs?

Hey, ABSOLUTE worst case scenario, your wife can wash her hair with it (it works by the way). If its going to go down a drain, it should touch a nude woman first.

You can quote me on that.

Or just effing wait!lol.

Only an IPA will get worse with a little more age.

Back