Lamb dinner- lamb shanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, tonight we're having lamb shanks. They simmered all day in a tomato/herb/wine mixture. I'm drinking a Sawtooth now, but I think I'll have to serve cabernet sauvignon with dinner. I don't think I have a beer on hand that would go with lamb shanks as well as wine. What do you think?

Too bad decent Zins are so hard to find. I'd like to shoot the guy/gal who came up with White Zin! Ruined a good thing.

I usually have a bottle of zin hanging around- I don't know who makes it but it's a cheapie and very good. Probably chilean, I think.

The cabernet was fantastic with the lamb shanks! Definitely a good match for that wine. I would have tried a pinot, after B4B's post, but we didn't have any in the cellar.

We'll be having lots of lamb in the near future- lamb and venison are our red meat staples right now.

Lamb + Cabernet is one of the very few flat-out no-brainers when it comes to matching food and drink.

Big, southern Italian wines are great w/ lamb, too.

Back