Can't get Vr8200 gas valve to light main burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine to work. My problem was my wallwort was too low of a voltage. I thought that since the pilot was working the valve should turn on the main burner, but the pilot will actually light without electricity.

Did first beer with my new direct fire rims and man it destroyed my herms system. Stepped up from 147 to mashout very fast. This was with a 5 gal batch. We'll see how the rims works with a ten gal batch in a couple of weeks.

P.S. did have some gelatinized mash stuck on bottom of my mlt, but it wasn't scorched just a ring of sticky goo. Don't think it will impart any off-flavors

Nice! Trying to get my VR8200 plumbed in so I can brew with full automation this weekend. So can you post any pictures of where you mounted your pilot and your valve? I assume you have a shutoff valve after the VR8200? I have a smaller 10-tip ring burner, and it's pretty tight as far as where I can mount the pilot.

My pilot is held against the burner with wire right now. Gonna get the welder out some time soon and do a proper mount off of my brew stand. I've seen the pilot screwed directly to the burner before

Back