My first two DIY Projects Complete

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon240

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I built my bottle drying rack. It holds 112 bottles (if I remember correctly) of any size well. It's just a 5 plastic shelving unit from walmart that I drilled 2" holes in. Today I built my counterflow chiller. I think they came out very satisfactory. Can't wait to use to CFC (our water is damn near freezing here so I think it'll work well).

cfc_bdrack.jpg

cfc.jpg

what did u use to push the copper thru the pipe? did u lube it up with something or have the pipe straight first then coiled it afterwards?

Through the hose? Yeah straightened it. Tried crisco'in the eff out of the copper and that worked for the first 10', but had a really tough time for the last half so made it straight.

Hot water and dish soap is very effective to get the copper through the hose... I'm sure its better than crisco...

Yes....but you should run the water for a good while to check for leaks. That oughta dilute the agents and minimize the damage.

Back