Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, after much drooling my way through this thread, here's my little contribution.

_MG_9996.jpg

_MG_9998.jpg

Parents were nice enough to give me the fridge last year, and it has served well for storing bottles, but since SWMBO got me my first pieces of keg/tap equipment, it was a quick conversion :) Material on the inside of the door is masonite w/ a dry-erase surface.

Here's my kegerator after almost 1 year. It now has some personality and a couple of tappers courtesy of a couple of buddies of mine at two different bars. The Moose Drool tapper is in storage at the moment.

On tap are Sven's Oatmeal Stout and Badger Red Ale.

IMG_4943.jpg

Here's my kegerator after almost 1 year. It now has some personality and a couple of tappers courtesy of a couple of buddies of mine at two different bars. The Moose Drool tapper is in storage at the moment.

On tap are Sven's Oatmeal Stout and Badger Red Ale.

I love the straightedge sticker on the kegerator! ;)

5654b6d1.jpg

f17bc0e2.jpg

72cfa24a.jpg

cf9a91b1.jpg

has to have its own circuit
a8063846.jpg

b5402568.jpg

22a67170.jpg

the large collar is solid spray insulation.. and the tower is as well.. not the best looking thing but as you can see looks like its in a dungeon.. no one ever sees it besides me..

dcarroll86, are you running a Glycol system is that what the copper tube is for?

-=Jason=-

exactly! that was a pre filled shot of the tower..

do you have a small bucket with submersible pump in there, and any more insulation besides that thin white stuff in the photo.

my towers came with Glycol setup but I hadn't planned on using it since the towers are mounted directly on top of my keezer.

I guess I'll install the glycol tubing anyways and insulate just in case I want to hook up a glycol system should my towers need cooling

-=Jason=-

do you have a small bucket with submersible pump in there, and any more insulation besides that thin white stuff in the photo.

my towers came with Glycol setup but I hadn't planned on using it since the towers are mounted directly on top of my keezer.

I guess I'll install the glycol tubing anyways and insulate just in case I want to hook up a glycol system should my towers need cooling

-=Jason=-

i have a perlick 8 gallon glycol unit.. works fanastic, pouring beers at 36 degrees with a 25' draw. (middle of summer) the tower was originally for aircooled.. the copper of course goes up the tower, wraps tight around both product tubes, then i have aluminum tape around all that to help with conducting the cold acting almost like a cold plate. after the tape i filled with spray foam. ill hunt for pictures. it took me a year to do the set up and around $2000 and i got the glycol unit for free($2500 commercial unit), i do construction and i demoed a rest. and got it that way.. just a little expensive to run. around $50 a month extra on the electric bill.. but worth it since my basement isnt finished for mancave action yet.. i have a very loving wife!! not sure if this helps or if i just mumbled on too long.. thanks for reading..
4b4baaa9.jpg

and thats what the inside of the collar looks like before the top went on.. more insulation value then the freezer itself...

IMG00097.jpg

IMG00098.jpg

Been working on this since August, just had to find the time to get it done. Pulled off the inside door, pulled out the old fiber glass. Got a sheet of insulation, and the back of the sheet was covered with foil. I thought I'd keep that theme going, and filled the cracks and corners with great stuff insulation foam for large gaps. Then I trimmed it, and covered it with foil tape. I left some negative room in the door incase I have somthing large going in there. This is a 5 tap kegerator, but I only have 2 now, and just a co2 injector for pressure. (I havn't been able to find a gas supply near by, but i'm still looking). Kegs are Naturally carbed, so it's not a problem right now. The great thing about this is that I have it set at 38 degrees with the Johnson thermostat, and it only kicks on about ever hour, and only for about 15 minutes. I don't know if because it's an old stand up that's it's so well insulated, or the coils being bent, but it works fantastic. A little appliance paint, and it looks like a million bucks. Got this for free off of Craigs list. Toughest thing about this build was getting the damn gasket on right, Ha ha. That took forever, but works like a champ now.

My Keezer...Four Perlicks and actually can fit a fifth keg on the hump with a picnic tap...my father did the dovetails for the collar which is 2x10 Cherry.

Keezer23.jpg

photog snob... talking here:
your white balance is off

home brewer talking here:
those rails really make it look legit.

-=Jason=-

LOL I realized I still had the settings set for my last artsy shot. didn't reset. was shooting SC ice/snow and wanted the blue tones Monday. Didn't think anyone would notice!! LOL. Great call!

Yeah ebay 18" drawer pulls! scrap ply under plastic top mounts them firm!

That's the nice thing about this danby... can mount trim rails outside cold box under trim plastic no drilling trough top.

cheap metal mini frames from walmart. added bead chain from ceiling fan to the corners with a dab of jb weld to hold in place. I think frame size is 2x3.

cheap metal mini frames from walmart. added bead chain from ceiling fan to the corners with a dab of jb weld to hold in place. I think frame size is 2x3.

Nice, I bet they would also look good with a magnet glued to the back of them!

Great idea.

All these kegerators/keezers are amazing! Just bought me a Magic Chef 4.4 cubic feet mini fridge. Got it from someone off craigslist for only $25 and in great shape! I started working on it tonight. I'm gonna put a 2 tap draft tower up top for a simple little setup. Hope to post pics when I'm done! Keep up the great work guys!

All these kegerators/keezers are amazing! Just bought me a Magic Chef 4.4 cubic feet mini fridge. Got it from someone off craigslist for only $25 and in great shape! I started working on it tonight. I'm gonna put a 2 tap draft tower up top for a simple little setup. Hope to post pics when I'm done! Keep up the great work guys!

In case you run into issues, this is good video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Photomask, that is pretty sweet! Build it yourself? Got any pics of the rest?
Other than covering the top with stainless steel, the rest is kind of boring. A used ~15cuft, white freezer. One day I'll get around to the backlit sign for the brew list and maybe even covering the rest of the freezer in something a bit more attractive, for the time being it gets the job done. Others on this board have provided much of the inspiration and many have done some very impressive work.

The draft head is home-made and covered under a DIY thread.
Draft Head Build.

New Tap Handles.jpg

Outside.jpg

Inside.jpg

This was my first kegerator. I found it laying on its side in someone's backyard. It started life with a single tap.

2138-my-1st-kegerator.jpg

This one I am proud of. This one also started life with a single tap. Soon she will be painted white.

2137-tapzilla.jpg

Unfortunately the compressor burned out on it so I gave it away to a friend who wants to repair. This is my new baby, I fired her up this morning and just transffered my bottles into it from the down stairs fridge.Back on the wifes good side. I have a IPA ready to force carb tomorrow. :rockin: From white to Chalk board paint black. BTW the two beers on the top of the keggy are awesome if you get a chance. Firestone 14th anniversary and Firestone Parabola.:mug:
SDC10861.jpg

SDC10860.jpg

here is my finished or nearly finished keezer I feel with worthy of being posted in this thread now.

IMG_20110116_091901.jpg

click link in my sig for build photos.

-=Jason=-

Here is my pride and joy in progress. I am just waiting for my perlicks to show up and she will be one step closer to finished.
photo-11.jpg

Edit alert
Taps installed today. What a tasty hobby!
photo-12.jpg

Latest posts

Back