Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

Oh an the top is just good quality pine, stained and polyed with Helmsman. I know better woods are worth it but my budget didn't allow for it. The top was the only part of the actual freezer I had to screw into, no other way to get everything to line up right, otherwise the actual freezer is undamaged.

Beautiful brentindeed! If I ever have the time and money to make one of these I'll be stealing this idea. That SWMBO might let me store it in the dining room LOL

That's gorgeous Brentindeed! What stain did you use on that? I'm hoping to start my keezer build within the next couple weeks (possibly even next weekend) and that stain is close to what I'm looking for.

Very proud and excited about my new 4 tap kegerator. I've not got my Irish Red, Fat Tire Clone & Imperial Pilsner on tap! Brewing a blonde this weekend to round out the last quarter!
IMG_10861.JPG

Very proud and excited about my new 4 tap kegerator. I've not got my Irish Red, Fat Tire Clone & Imperial Pilsner on tap! Brewing a blonde this weekend to round out the last quarter!
IMG_10861.JPG

Inc:
I bought a fridge from the same guy on Craigslist (north ft worth, right?). He served me a tasty Pumpkin Stout and a Gingerbread Ale, was there any left?
-Ben

I have a pretty standard single tap kegerator. But I have a unique paint job!

planning to add two more taps in the near future.

IMG_00111.jpg

IMG_00074.jpg

Inc:
I bought a fridge from the same guy on Craigslist (north ft worth, right?). He served me a tasty Pumpkin Stout and a Gingerbread Ale, was there any left?
-Ben

That's right! He said that you had just picked up his lagering fridge earlier that day. He had finished the Pumpkin Stout, but he gave me what was left of the Gingerbread Ale and his Imperial Pilsner. I killed the Gingerbread Ale day one, it was delicious. I'm working on the Pilsner and drinking my Irish Red and Fat Tire clone from it now (finally both drinkable last night). It's a good set-up and a good find on CL.

Got anything going in the fridge you bought yet?

Well, I just joined the site and started posting, so I figured I'd share what I did to my kegerator.

- International red tractor paint from Lowes
- Plotted out some stickers on my vinyl cutter

Since I took the pictures, I added some fake lock cylinders.

kegfridge.jpg

kegfridge1.jpg

kegfridge2.jpg

IncredibleMulk: I have an Imperial Bitter and an E IIPA cold crashing in the fridge now, but nothing new yet. My pipeline is pretty full at the moment. I told him I wished I knew he was giving away the beer in that setup, I would have brought an empty corny to swap! The beer really sweetened the deal for you, congratulations.
BrewSteve: I really like the tool box motif. I'm a bit of a tool junkie myself.

Does either the 7.2 cu ft or 8.8 cu ft chest freezers allow you to close the lid with Cornelius kegs inside without doing a coffin modification? I'd like to achieve immediate gratification until I design a plan. I'll stop by Lowes\Home Depot\Sears during the next week, but thought you folks might have some input as to which might be preferable.

Thanks!

Jeff

Does either the 7.2 cu ft or 8.8 cu ft chest freezers allow you to close the lid with Cornelius kegs inside without doing a coffin modification?

The 7.2 cu ft Frigidaire will hold three Cornelius kegs without any modification. With a 7.75" collar it will hold four kegs.

Excellent, thank you for the info! Both GE and Frigidare are around $199 (Home Depot and Best Buy). It looks like the Frigidare is about an inch taller, which may make a difference when the top closes on the kegs. I'll be kegging next weekend, so I have a little time but want to have things ready when it is time to cool the keg(s).

Thanks for the coupon link! Lowes doesn't have as large of a selection of the smaller chest freezers, but I can still put that coupon to good use! :)

Well, I just joined the site and started posting, so I figured I'd share what I did to my kegerator.

- International red tractor paint from Lowes
- Plotted out some stickers on my vinyl cutter

Since I took the pictures, I added some fake lock cylinders.

kegfridge.jpg

kegfridge1.jpg

kegfridge2.jpg

i want that...but if i do im doin it with actual snap-on paint and decals

Has anyone used or had any issues with the GE 7 cu ft Model FCM7SUWW? I could not find another brand (in white) for less than $250 locally. Home Depot doesn't have the GE FCM7SUWW in stock, but will deliver for free ($213 incl tax). This is a bit off topic, but hopefully good info for those looking for a similar size keezer.

I'll be using a single stage Ranco controller unless I discover issues with that combination of freezer and controller. I've used similar Ranco controllers for aquarium chillers for years with good success.

Has anyone used or had any issues with the GE 7 cu ft Model FCM7SUWW? I could not find another brand (in white) for less than $250 locally. Home Depot doesn't have the GE FCM7SUWW in stock, but will deliver for free ($213 incl tax). This is a bit off topic, but hopefully good info for those looking for a similar size keezer.

I'll be using a single stage Ranco controller unless I discover issues with that combination of freezer and controller. I've used similar Ranco controllers for aquarium chillers for years with good success.

I converted this freezer into a keezer and I love it. With a 2x10 collar it will easily fit 5 kegs inside :mug:

Thanks for the info, Keith...and for the link. Very nice work you have done on your keezer and the thread is full of great information.

I have this exact freezer. I put a collar on it with a Ranco single stage and have been using it for fermenting until I can find enough info about exactly how many ball lock kegs I can fit in the bottom section below the step (ignoring height).

Haven't had any issues with it.

MG_9976.JPG

MG_9971.JPG

MG_9966.JPG

I just re-routed my gas lines to accommodate a dual primary regulator, one for my normal serving pressure of around 12 psi distributed to 5 QD's and the other for special beers and for faster force carb, along with a Beergas tank for the Nitro faucets, which is split between 2 QD's. I figured it was about time to take some non-iphone pics since I'm pretty proud of the keezer I've built. I learned a lot from this forum, thank you HBT.
Inside of the freezer is a rat's nest of tubing, but the lines are marked well. The blower moves cold air from the bottom to the towers, keeping the lines and faucets cold while circulating the air. Business card magnets are used to label the faucets, gear shift knobs for tap handles. The freezer was skinned in stainless by a friend who does commercial kitchen work.
The beers in the glasses on display are an Imperial Bourbon Chocolate Stout, and an AHS Belgian IPA recipe.
Cheers!

Here's my budget keezer. I'm not fabricating much of anything until we get another house with space to build a bar (maybe next year). We had a chest freezer already and I scored a tank, regulator, and 3 kegs for a decent price ($125). I built the temperature controller with a digital thermostat from ebay and an AC outlet, enclosed in a plastic container (yay). It's sitting in my garage. Picnic taps only, keeping it cheap until I build a bar.

One keg has cider (more like apfelwein), the other lemon-lime soda. There will be another keg with "Quaffable Irish Red" (extract) once I brew it...

Here is mine. Built and running in four short days. Got the 8.8 Cu.ft freezer for $150 off of craingslist. Built the collar from pressure treated pine (2'x 8's) and painted Blue Raider Blue. All hard ware came from Rebel Brewers in Nashville or at www.rebelbrewers.com. Got the Johnson Controls thermostat. The inagural beer was my home made Dunkelweizen. Thanks to everyone on thie site for all of the information that made this easier than it should have been!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38453952@N06/4579740055/[/url

Dead sexy!
MG_9976.JPG

I just re-routed my gas lines to accommodate a dual primary regulator, one for my normal serving pressure of around 12 psi distributed to 5 QD's and the other for special beers and for faster force carb, along with a Beergas tank for the Nitro faucets, which is split between 2 QD's. I figured it was about time to take some non-iphone pics since I'm pretty proud of the keezer I've built. I learned a lot from this forum, thank you HBT.
Inside of the freezer is a rat's nest of tubing, but the lines are marked well. The blower moves cold air from the bottom to the towers, keeping the lines and faucets cold while circulating the air. Business card magnets are used to label the faucets, gear shift knobs for tap handles. The freezer was skinned in stainless by a friend who does commercial kitchen work.
The beers in the glasses on display are an Imperial Bourbon Chocolate Stout, and an AHS Belgian IPA recipe.
Cheers!

Here is mine. Built and running in four short days. Got the 8.8 Cu.ft freezer for $150 off of craingslist. Built the collar from pressure treated pine (2'x 8's) and painted Blue Raider Blue. All hard ware came from Rebel Brewers in Nashville or at www.rebelbrewers.com. Got the Johnson Controls thermostat. The inagural beer was my home made Dunkelweizen. Thanks to everyone on thie site for all of the information that made this easier than it should have been!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38453952@N06/4579740055/
fixed that for you

:mug:

Back