First Irish Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sydcalnky

Reaction score
Brewing an Irish Stout from midwest brewing supply, this is my first stout and wanted to know if any one had any advice, or just go for it?

I don't really have anything as far as advice ingredient/recipe-wise but I have made that kit and I thought it was really good. It was my first brew ever, actually so I followed the directions exactly as they were. The only thing I can suggest is let it sit in the bottles a couplefew months for the best flavor, which I understand goes for most stouts anyway. Being my first brew ever I didn't have that kind of patience, so I only did that with a 6 pack. After a few weeks it was really good but now that it's been 3 months (I'm totally still a noob!) it's great- wish I had more of it now... Good luck to ya and enjoy!

+1 on trying to wait 3 months.

My stouts usually have an early roasted bitterness that really smooths out at 3+ months.

Back