train wreck brew night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Righlander

Reaction score
so i was brewing an IPA last night. the mash went well as normal and everything. so i get to boil about 10 mins and then, all the sudden something went wrong with my burner...fire started shooting out from where the gas line goes in to the grill...i don't know why. so ANYWAY i brought the 8g pot in to my kitchen. the boil wasn't very intense. i was hoping for an OG of 1.070, but instead i got 1.050, wasn't enough evap due to a weak boil. here comes the fun part. i tasted the wort and it was super hoppy. i kind of considered it to be way to light bodied for the intensity of the hops. so i was pretty much thinking it was screwed. so i decided to have some fun with it lol. first i took 1lb light brown sugar and boiled it with 3 cans of organic canned pumpkin with a tiny pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon. lol THEN boiled about 3/4lb dextrose with a pound of light DME i had laying around. lol i don't know how it's going to come out but it should be hilarious. getting ready to take an OG reading and pitch the yeast

Hmm, pumpkin IPA... Don't know about that, but maybe some of the hops will be dumbed down enough by October for a nice harvest pumpkin pale.

Good Luck!

Dude, you were worried that your IPA wort tasted hoppy?

IPAs always taste ridiculously hoppy and bitter before they're fermented.

Back