• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

40 gallon SS steam jacket kettle South Puget Sound area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pabst Blue Robot

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Vulcan model GS-40 propane fired steam jacketed kettle for sale. The kettle is a 40 gallon with self contained propane burners and electric temp control. Included with the kettle is the lid, a mash paddle attachment, a variety of dump valves, an extra gas regulator, a new thermocouple, and a new set of burner hardware.

The kettle will require some work to be functional, mainly the wiring needs to be connected (there is an AC circuit which controls the gas regulator and the pressure valves, I have all the documentation.) I have replaced the regulator with a brand new one and the pilot lights. Kettle has some grease/rust in the electrical area and some rust on the burner spouts. The rest of the unit is 304 SS. One of the lid hinges is broken off as well, but I have the hinge still so it could be welded back on. It weighs about 650lbs and would require a liftgate or a bunch of really strong guys for pickup.

I can post pictures if there is interest. I paid $400 for this kettle and have not used it, basically it is too large for my small detached garage. I would like to get what I paid for it back, or some comparable brewing equipment in trade that is smaller. This would make a great boil kettle for a 1 BBL batch.

I'm located downtown Puyallup and would be happy to show the kettle in the evening or on the weekend. Thanks for looking!

If you haven't sold it, I might be interested. Since I can't just drive over, it would be nice to see some photos, and you would have to be willing to secure it to a pallet for shipping via common carrier.

I am looking for something to do batch pasteurizing of fruit juice. We need to get to 160 degees fahrenhiet for a short period of time then transfer to a chiller. This might work.

What is the BTU rating on propane?

Thanks

If you don't sell it to Wred please let me know, I can easily make a trip to Puyallup. I would bring some muscle with me. This is a decent deal, but of course we would like to view it in person.
Thanks
Craig

I will take and post some pictures when I'm back in town next week. The BTU rating is in the docs so I will post that as well. I'll PM both of you when it's available.

Back