My first Keg conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avwfreak

Reaction score
Hi all!

So, got my first Keg to make a conversion. I think I am just going to make it the HLT.

I think I have cutting the top part allright as well as the hole for the valve. The question is, I do not know how to weld.

I have found those fittings made by "Weld-be-Gone" and they looks very nice but are very expensive in my opinion. Are they a good deal or, could I build something like that myself, preferebly stainless steel? Or, should I just have this part of the process outsourced and welded?

The piece just looks way to simple to part out at Lowe's. All opinions are very much appreciated!

Cheers!:mug:

I'd like to have welded fittings, but don't know anyone that can weld stainless. I'm very happy with my weldless stuff. Great prices at Bargain Fittings (run by a fellow HBT member).

I suggest looking at Bobby M's kettle cutting video on YouTube. Worked great for me.

Thanks for the quick replies!

So, if the weldless fittings are good to go, I might as well just get them. I did find the member's site that has the fittings and they are significantly less than the "Weld-Be-Gone" product. $25 less!

Ask around motorcycle shops and racing shops. Also ask your LHBS. Someone is bound to know a TIG welder who knows their stuff. I don't know where you're located, but I know a few good welders in Dallas, TX.

Back