Culinary uses for undrinkable coriander beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurel

Reaction score
A couple months ago I made a AHS Blue Moon clone, but whacked the coriander seeds prior to adding to the boil (directions didn't say what to do with it) and left them in the fermenter. When I bottled, the coriander flavor was overwhelming, but it was suggested that I let it wait and see if it mellows. After 2 months in bottles, the coriander flavor has gotten not only more pronounced, but sharper.

If I can't come up with a good use for it(anything), I'm going to dump them. I can't even give them away they're so bad, hahahha.

So if you have any suggestions, I'd be interested to hear them!:mug:

Yeah, I'd treat it like liquid coriander and put it in recipes that call for coriander, like Indian and Mexican dishes. A little alcohol will just make the dish better anyway!

Marinade some fajita meat!

I use a porter, garlic, cilantro and coriander and it's excellent when grilled.

Eric

You could drink it :D

Make beer butt chicken with it. the coriander should season it nicely.

Soak some pork tenderloins in it, with some Paprika, cayenne pepper, and some garlic. Then cook it out on the grill.

I made beer brats with 2 bottles today. I browned a few brats and some sliced onions in a little bacon fat and butter, then flipped the brats and deglazed the pan with 1.5 bottles and added some sugar. I let it simmer(covered) for about 10 minutes then removed the lid and let all of the liquid evaporate, then served it with a little German hot potato salad. It was very good. I'll try soaking some pork in it as well. I was impressed by how little you could taste the ...unpleasantness of the beer.

Beer brats and polish sausages are some of my favorite things to grill. The brats end up so tender they almost fall apart, and maaaaaan are they good. :yum:

Back