Cranberry ginger weizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zenzi09

Reaction score
Basically took a Hefeweizen recipe and tweaked. See how it goes.

OG 1.056
FG 1.013
ABV 5.63

5lbs weyermanns pale wheat malt
4lbs 2-row Pilsen malt
1lb corn sugar
2oz crystallized ginger root

6lbs cranberries in primary.

Just bottled this today, I ended up using 4lbs of dried cranberries as that was all I could find.
Initial tasting it turned out great! It's a little cloudy but I'm expecting it to clear up a bit in the bottle.
This should be a great summer beer that falls in the 5%-6% ABV range, the cranberries had it fermenting like crazy again in the secondary.

After carbonation I'll post if it's a slam dunk or not, but so far it seems great!

Just bottled this today, I ended up using 4lbs of dried cranberries as that was all I could find.
Initial tasting it turned out great! It's a little cloudy but I'm expecting it to clear up a bit in the bottle.
This should be a great summer beer that falls in the 5%-6% ABV range, the cranberries had it fermenting like crazy again in the secondary.

After carbonation I'll post if it's a slam dunk or not, but so far it seems great!

Any update? Pic of glass?

After a couple of weeks I tried it a few times and it tasted good, but unfortunately I didn't wait long enough for the SG to Bottom out. A month after I woke up to the sound of bottles blowing up in a spectacular fashion. I have about 10 of the 45 bottles left from that mess. ;)

However that said if I do this recipe again, aside from the mistake of not waiting long enough in secondary, I would probaly lower the cranberry bill to 2lbs as it was a tad overwhelming. That is a matter of my taste however.

Latest posts

Back