lesson in patience American Lite Beer / Miller Lite CLone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankjones

Reaction score
My beer was based off the miller lite clone triple hopped that I found here on hbt. It was ok after nine days in the bottle after 20 days in the bottle it is even better. I guess I need to have more patience.

the beer is based off the miller lite triple hopped clone

beerlesson.jpg

Mind providing a link to that recipe?

I've made a couple of attempts at creating something between that which is more like a cream ale, and would like to see how they differ, and what makes that Miller what it is.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/miller-lite-really-triple-hopped-123937/

-------------------------------------------

Miller Lite Clone - (Un)Triple Hopped - AG

A ProMash Recipe Report

BJCP Style and Style Guidelines
-------------------------------

01-A Light Lager, Lite American Lager

Min OG: 1.030 Max OG: 1.040
Min IBU: 8 Max IBU: 12
Min Clr: 2 Max Clr: 3 Color in SRM, Lovibond

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (Gal): 5.00 Wort Size (Gal): 5.00
Total Grain (Lbs): 5.50
Anticipated OG: 1.030 Plato: 7.68
Anticipated SRM: 2.0
Anticipated IBU: 15.7
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75 %
Wort Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Pre-Boil Amounts
----------------

Evaporation Rate: 18.00 Percent Per Hour
Pre-Boil Wort Size: 6.10 Gal
Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.025 SG 6.32 Plato

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
36.4 2.00 lbs. Pale Malt(2-row) America 1.036 2
31.8 1.75 lbs. Pale Malt(6-row) America 1.035 2
31.8 1.75 lbs. Flaked Corn (Maize) America 1.040 1

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time

I did that recipe above but after seven days I transferred to secondary and added amylase enzyme it furthers ferment ability the recipe by itself is fi s OG 1.032 with the amylase is finished out at 3.6% abv I don't have my notebook in front of me so I don't remember the exact numbers but you need the AE. and the flaked corn miaze makes a super sloppy primary with lots of crap floating in it. you need the secondary to clean it up . add the AE to the secondary.

Patience is key with many styles, doubly so with light lagers (or psuedo-light lagers/lager style ales). ;) It's amazing what difference 11 days makes. I bet if you let a few bottles sit in the back of the fridge for a couple more weeks undisturbed you'll really see a difference yet again.

Patience is key with many styles, doubly so with light lagers (or psuedo-light lagers/lager style ales). ;) It's amazing what difference 11 days makes. I bet if you let a few bottles sit in the back of the fridge for a couple more weeks undisturbed you'll really see a difference yet again.

hahah a few more bottles- lol I made a 2.5 gallon batch and there is only five or six bottles left lol.... I want to get it going again but I have all three of my fermenters full and really cant justify buying another one.... OR CAN I? lol

Im very proud of this one lol its the first all grain batch that is GEAT. It tastes soo clean.... :mug:

Back