25 Day AG Brew...is it possible??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy0002

Reaction score
Long story short...I'm getting married in 25 days and our table gifts will be bottles of homebrew. I've got two batches going now but don't think it's going to be enough so I'm going to try and brew one more hefeweizen. Can I do it in 25 days? I'm thinking something like this:

7 days in 1st fermenter
10 days in 2nd fermenter
8 days in bottle

What do you think?

my favorite style. hefe will be 1 of the few that will work. brew tomorrow. 10 days fermenting. bottle for 12 days. chill for 2 days to absorb co2, good to drink

I'll confuse you by presenting an alternative beer: Cream of Three Crops.

My last batch was fermented in 5 days, I filtered it into keg and bottles, and was drinking it in 5 more days (keg) and 10 in bottles.

--Matthew

I served a citra Amarillo wheat at a home brew even 6 days after brewing it. It was very popular because it was delicious. In other words, you can procrastinate for 39 more days. :)

EDIT: Procrastinate for 19 days. E.g. 25-6... :)

A different possibility is to use most of the 25 days for fermentation, bottle the beer, and on the label put instructions that it should be held at 68 degrees (for example) for 2 weeks before drinking.

Back