I am an idiot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats probably it, I need to pony up a few bucks and become a paid member,
I am at work right now so a beer is not in my immediate future anyway.
Its just as well, this thread will fade into obscurity in a relatively short time,
Thou shalt be bumped!

Thats probably it, I need to pony up a few bucks and become a paid member

No no no...we'll just start the "The Lost Thread of Menerdari" and the thread will be bumped to the end of time.

Now, extortion fees *might* work...actually, no...they probably would not.

I hope you have learned a valuable lesson in PUI (Posting Under the Influence).

Harumph!

No no no...we'll just start the "The Lost Thread of Menerdari" and the thread will be bumped to the end of time.

Now, extortion fees *might* work...actually, no...they probably would not.

I hope you have learned a valuable lesson in PUI (Posting Under the Influence).

Harumph!
Can we get a harumph for the Governor?

I thought those things stayed in south America :(
Apparently someone thought they would help reduce the population of the Floridian national bird, the mosquito. So sometime in mid 1984 they released a few. What they didn't realize is that Booming Were-Crocachicken are among the species that will spontaneously change sex from male to female and then lay fertile eggs with only the original animals genetic material.

Now they are spreading through the country faster then the king crabs are invading the fjords in the Netherlands.

The looming threat of climate change and consequent impending zombie apocalypse has caused the booming were-crocachicken population to migrate much farther than typically seen historically. 3 were actually found inhabiting a methane pool on Pluto recently, but post-coitus only the single genetically-hermaphroditic individual survived. In 36 years, we hope it will give birth to a small litter of 184,392,144 children (give or take a few) - thus, increasing its chances of perpetuating the species one-fold.

Thankfully the were-crocachicken, properly breaded and deep fried, is a nutritious delicacy and hence their uncontrolled procreation will both feed AND control the burgoning human population.

What happened with the Half ma-gator, half Thunder chicken?

Now if you'll excuse me, Ma-gator needs her hourly pickle-tickle. Gotta keep procreating those were-crocachickens for humanity!

Thankfully the were-crocachicken, properly breaded and deep fried, is a nutritious delicacy and hence their uncontrolled procreation will both feed AND control the burgoning human population.

Now if you'll excuse me, Ma-gator needs her hourly pickle-tickle. Gotta keep procreating those were-crocachickens for humanity!

Good man.

That's what they said about the king crab. Time will tell if those soviets knew what they were doing or not. I mean after they abandoned a perfectly good psi-ops program...

Hey Cheesy, how is the whale population control program in your secondary fermentor going? I heard you were having issues with the harpooners forming a union...

Unfortunately it imparts a lot more poop, but the poop is surprisingly whale flavored, so it worked out about the same but with less of that mysterious oakyness that whales impart.

Nice! Were you able to overcome the quantum tunneling anomaly? If I recall, it was only one additional electron in every 800 billion or so that was causing the chip to malfunction. When that thing fails, though... well... I have a small island in one quintant of my dominion that is still so overpopulated with undead guinea frogs that I am considering unleashing a manticore to deal with it.

Nice! Were you able to overcome the quantum tunneling anomaly? If I recall, it was only one additional electron in every 800 billion or so that was causing the chip to malfunction. When that thing fails, though... well... I have a small island in one quintant of my dominion that is still so overpopulated with undead guinea frogs that I am considering unleashing a manticore to deal with it.
Even better, I managed to harness the effect to actually reinforce the commands from the chip. I managed to get the non-localized harmonic phase interactions synchronized across 12 of the relevant 14 interactive dimensions. Even with both of the remaining 2 are in absolute oppositional planes they don't come even close to overpowering the 12 synchronized planes.

Oh, forget the manticore. They won't eat the guinea frogs. I do have a self replicating nano-neutralizer for the T virus if you'd like though. They do tend to get a little over enthusiastic and start eating other things sometimes though...That reminds me, I need to get that full face prosthetic finished. I did promise I'd make him a new face...

Even better, I managed to harness the effect to actually reinforce the commands from the chip. I managed to get the non-localized harmonic phase interactions synchronized across 12 of the relevant 14 interactive dimensions. Even with both of the remaining 2 are in absolute oppositional planes they don't come even close to overpowering the 12 synchronized planes.

Yeah, don't even try to connect with the 13th dimension. Those stiff cats simply don't want to party, no matter how well synchronized your chip is. Damned snobs.

Yeah, don't even try to connect with the 13th dimension. Those stiff cats simply don't want to party, no matter how well synchronized your chip is. Damned snobs.
If you look in a future edition of the Encyclopedia Galacticia, it says this under residents of the thirteenth dimension; "A bunch of mindless jerks who where the first with their backs against the wall when the revolution came."

Yes, I'd quite like some of your self replicating nano-neutralizers.

On another note, I've begun considering recipes including my spare manticore. The tail is a lot like lobster legs, so a nice garlic butter sauce should suffice for that. The rest can be a little tough and gamey (well, except for the sirloin, that is always a tender cut and simply needs to be slow-heated to 183,000,000 kelvin, salt and pepper to taste) and I am wondering how others have prepared it? Perhaps whole, on the rotisserie? That seems a little boring though.

On another note, I've begun considering recipes including my spare manticore. The tail is a lot like lobster legs, so a nice garlic butter sauce should suffice for that. The rest can be a little tough and gamey (well, except for the sirloin, that is always a tender cut and simply needs to be slow-heated to 183,000,000 kelvin, salt and pepper to taste) and I am wondering how others have prepared it? Perhaps whole, on the rotisserie? That seems a little boring though.
Yeah, slow cooking is the key with most of the manticore. They are usually old, and have lots of collagen. You need a lot of time for that to render out. I think you've been trying to cook yours to fast. You don't want to exceed the surface temperature of the sun, 5,778k, or your meat will dry out.

Manticore does make the best chili, except for the kerberos chili but who has the 2.3 million years to wait for it to render? Garlic butter sauce isn't bad, but I'd prefer some powdered dragons blood, ghost peppers, and trinitrotoluene. The gaminess doesn't exactly go away, but it does meld with the spices and form some psychotropically interesting compounds. I mean sure, humans won't survive eating it, but the flavor!

You have to be careful with the tail if you don't want your guest liquefying from the inside out during dinner. I mean, that can be entertaining, but it gets old pretty quickly. You have to either remove the poison gland, and most of the flavor, without rupturing it. Or, neutralize the highly concentrated formic acid in it. You can neutralize the acid in a few ways. The most efficient is probably with an ammonia + bleach solution. That will actually break down the protein component of the venom as well. I don't like to do that, the flavor just doesn't ever go back to normal. The best tasting is with a base, like calcium carbonate. You do need to weigh the gland so you don't over do the base addition.

Hmm, Cheezy may be a little miffed with me. I know he had a buddy that was a manticore once. He made some tasty chili...

I'll send you some in a null-entropy tube. Be sure to air drop it on the island withing 36 hours of arrival. Your zombie guinea pig problem should be over in about 16 hours...If the island is still there after a week the nano-neutralizers have shut themselves down on there own. If it's gone, nuke the spot where the island used to be. The EMP wave will shut down the nano's before they consume the planet.

I think.

If you look in a future edition of the Encyclopedia Galacticia, it says this under residents of the thirteenth dimension; "A bunch of mindless jerks who where the first with their backs against the wall when the revolution came."

Uggh...Dr. Streetmentioner willan on-have a fit as there was no use of the Future Semiconditionally Modified Subinverted Subjunctive Intentional tense in that write-up. Shoot them again.

Uggh...Dr. Streetmentioner willan on-have a fit as there was no use of the Future Semiconditionally Modified Subinverted Subjunctive Intentional tense in that write-up. Shoot them again.
No, I used the bistromatic calculations model. No need for any of that nonsense, though those calculations do produce particularly bad coffee.

No, I used the bistromatic calculations model. No need for any of that nonsense, though those calculations do produce particularly bad coffee.

Try cold brewing it next time. With a coarse grind and a long soak, you can make a nice concentrate that may, if used at precisely the right concentration may help stiffen the spines of the 13th dimension jerk-wads.

If that does not work, try submerging them in hot water and serve them with real cream and the juice of sugar cane. None of that fake stuff, it really puts fiberglass in their thongs.

Try cold brewing it next time. With a coarse grind and a long soak, you can make a nice concentrate that may, if used at precisely the right concentration may help stiffen the spines of the 13th dimension jerk-wads.

If that does not work, try submerging them in hot water and serve them with real cream and the juice of sugar cane. None of that fake stuff, it really puts fiberglass in their thongs.
Yeah, that might work. It should annoy them almost as much as using the finite probability machine to perform party tricks. :)

I'll send you some in a null-entropy tube. Be sure to air drop it on the island withing 36 hours of arrival. Your zombie guinea pig problem should be over in about 16 hours...If the island is still there after a week the nano-neutralizers have shut themselves down on there own. If it's gone, nuke the spot where the island used to be. The EMP wave will shut down the nano's before they consume the planet.

I think.

Received the tube today, but it was cracked and from what I could see with my scanning electron microscope, 23% of the colony may have escaped en route. Should I alert anyone, or do you think it would be moot?

Elephant trumpets, with an accompaniment of gazelles playing the kazoo.

On a side note, why do you not hear of bands with kazoos anymore. The kazoo is a highly underrated musical instrument.

Received the tube today, but it was cracked and from what I could see with my scanning electron microscope, 23% of the colony may have escaped en route. Should I alert anyone, or do you think it would be moot?
Hmm, oh well. I'm sure they will turn up eventually. Now I don't have to feel bad about executing that courier for sneezing to loudly.

Elephant trumpets, with an accompaniment of gazelles playing the kazoo.

On a side note, why do you not hear of bands with kazoos anymore. The kazoo is a highly underrated musical instrument.
You mean like the cow bell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, oh well. I'm sure they will turn up eventually. Now I don't have to feel bad about executing that courier for sneezing to loudly.

You mean like the cow bell?
Cowbell Funk (original)

Nah, the cowbell is too overdone. Once SNL did the I need more cowbell skit it went too mainstream. If the Kazoo starts making it I am switching to wondering why the mouth harp is unappreciated.

[ame]http://youtu.be/VDnio2axqNI[/ame]

Nah, the cowbell is too overdone. Once SNL did the I need more cowbell skit it went too mainstream. If the Kazoo starts making it I am switching to wondering why the mouth harp is unappreciated.

http://youtu.be/VDnio2axqNI
If the mouth harp goes mainstream I'm going to have to launch my hostile takeover of every media company on the planet immediately. I'd planned to let them start reporting the apocalypse, and do the takeover in the middle. I have my limits though.

If the mouth harp goes mainstream I'm going to have to launch my hostile takeover of every media company on the planet immediately. I'd planned to let them start reporting the apocalypse, and do the takeover in the middle. I have my limits though.

I figure that once we start for real, the 25-30 minutes of reporting before everything goes black will matter not at all.....what there is would be worth recording though, DVR will go extinct so we need a little planning.

Back