Austin HomeBrew Supply DFH 90 min IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishH2o

Reaction score
So im thinking of getting this kit in extract. has anyone brewed this and if so how did it turn out?

Thanks,
FishH2o
:tank:

Did the 60 minute, it's still in the primary but fairly easy to do. The pain in the but is continuously adding hops but it helps pass the time. I'd do it if I were you. If it's anything close to the actual, it has to be good. I was going to do the 90 minute but my supplier suggested the 60 since I'm still new at this. Happy Brewing!!

If anyone does a DFH clone from extract of any variety I would love to know how it turns out! *bump*

I picked this kit up and brewed it last night. AHS doesn't sell the kit online at the moment as they are out of pellet Simcoe. They do have whole leaf so you might be able to ask for a substitution. I picked up a lb of pellet Simcoe while in Houston and they discounted the Simcoe for me.

Huge PITA to brew. You have to add hops every 7 minutes which is really interrupts your Sunday football :D

SWMBO woke me up this AM with "There are strange noises coming from your closet..." -- I already knew -- the DFH was going crazy.

Dragged the fermenter to the bathtub, popped the airlock, blew krausen everywhere, replaced with blowoff :D

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Let me know how it turns out. Definitely use a blow-off. I didn't and I'll be scrubbing carpet when I get home tonight :D

I just don't understand why people aren't using blowoffs to begin with. I mean, who wants to clean up beer from an explosion? Blowoffs are so easy to rig up. I just don't get it.

Nub mistake. Only my 5th batch and it was my first big beer. Lesson was learned -- Promise

I stopped by AHS this weekend and picked this up. Doing whole leaf Simcoe, it looks pretty easy.

Is this kit only available in store? Can't seem to find it on their site.

I've been looking for a good version of this in kit form.

Their kits are based on their pellet availability. Since they do not have pellet Simcoe, it is not available online.

I'd give them a call and see if you can order the kit with whole-leaf instead.

I just don't understand why people aren't using blowoffs to begin with. I mean, who wants to clean up beer from an explosion? Blowoffs are so easy to rig up. I just don't get it.

I use a 7.9 gal bucket as my primary, no need to use a blow off tube. I dont need to see whats going on in there so no need for primary-ing in carboy

Back