What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8% saison for 4$ a pint? I'll forgive the 3711. They use a lot of my favorite local malt. And the brewer remembered enjoying my hoppy saison at the Homebrew fest in may :D

image-658316631.jpg

Back from running a whole bunch of errands, relaxing with a 3724 Saison, before bottling my Mild and washing out the yeast for tomorrow's double header. Grabbed me a bottle of Racer 5 for later, since I'm actually feeling like drinking an American IPA for once.

Remmy said:
Told myself I wouldn't have a drink today. But I fired-up the grill and couldn't let such a nice Summer day go by without a cold one. Cheers.

I'm shocked. No, really. :D

My first lager. Augustiner Lagerbier Helles. Light refreshing but with a solid malt backbone. I admit that I couldn't resist lightly dry hopping with a combination citra and saaz. Came out beautifully and, for a change, I got the carbonation right. Good fizz and beautiful white head. Happy, happy!
Pics to follow:

Lager & vodka,it's been a pretty decent week. Weeded my arse off with pruners & everything,momma even helped out today,& her back & left leg are about as bad as mine. Fixed & cleaned under the stove top,burners,new bowls,etc. Fixed a broken to ****e lawnmower a little while ago. Added some Motorcraft synth blend oil & fresh gas. Away she went Smooth as silk. Worked out pretty good,As my being able to stop paying the lawncare guy & stopping smoking saves about $245/month. Too bad damn utilities seemed to know that & took it. Gotta get 1 control arm,4 tires before winter & all new base cabinets & some new plumbing to save money on leaky water ruinin things...including my wallet. Fancy new houses ain't worth anywhere near what they sell for,trust me.

Dear God ... what have I done?!

View attachment 140991

Scorpion peppers are hotter than ghost chilies...just thought you'd like to know. ;):drunk::D I got ghost chili sauce,trinidad scorpion chili sauce,& a few other "oh my God,what the F was I thinking" sauces in the fridge for my beans & egg scrambles. Grow a set & drink it! :D

Trinidad Scorpion chilis are about .4 hotter than ghost chilis on average. Good flavor for the first couple seconds though. Dang,they hurt so good!:drunk::cross:

Trinidad Scorpion chilis are about .4 hotter than ghost chilis on average. Good flavor for the first couple seconds though. Dang,they hurt so good!:drunk::cross:

Just saw your vids. :rockin:

Sea Hag deserves higher than a 2.5/5, though! :mug:

mcbaumannerb said:
Dear God ... what have I done?!

In perfectly fine keeping my scorpion peppers separate from my beer, thank you very much.

Since I'm almost as poor as a man with no money, it's something better than water that will satisfy the crave.

image-1784327456.jpg

Just saw your vids. :rockin:

Sea Hag deserves higher than a 2.5/5, though! :mug:

Thanks remmy. It had a bit of aged in dry basement flavor to it,besides the hops flavors tasting like sweettarts. Not sure what happened there,man. That flavor was just like the cheese at this little inn at the edge of Little Italy in this side of Cleveland.
The misty mountain IPA was great though. It seemed to age better. Maybe,as I surmised,the Sea Hag used some hard brackish water like Burton ales did 120 years ago?...

coldcrash said:
For a split second I thought you were channeling David Byrne.

-Talking Heads
"Once in a Lifetime"

And you may ask yourself
What is this beautiful beer?
And you may ask yourself
Where'd all those peppers go?
And you may ask yourself
Am I alright? Or is this too strong?
And you may tell yourself
My god! What have I done!

wesleys said:
and you may ask yourself
what is this beautiful beer?
And you may ask yourself
where'd all those peppers go?
And you may ask yourself
am i alright? Or is this too strong?
And you may tell yourself
my god! What have i done!

"like" :ban:

Not a good day guys.. I live in a manufactured home. Our cat jumped on the countertop and turned the water on when we were gone. So we came home to two inches of water all over the laundry room and kitchen. Well once that got that cleaned up... Then I got to go under the house and tear all the wet insulation out nine bags in all. Not fun good. Think I got it all but foooorrrkkkkkkk me it sucked :-(

Sitting here with my 2 buddies Ivan the terrible and football trying to clear my head..

ForumRunner_20130810_165213.png

Not a good day guys.. I live in a manufactured home. Our cat jumped on the countertop and turned the water on when we were gone. So we came home to two inches of water all over the laundry room and kitchen. Well once that got that cleaned up... Then I got to go under the house and tear all the wet insulation out nine bags in all. Not fun good. Think I got it all but foooorrrkkkkkkk me it sucked :-(

Sitting here with my 2 buddies Ivan the terrible and football trying to clear my head..

Man sorry to hear that. See why I hate cats?

Back