Bottled First Batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bam

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am officially 100% addicted to this new hobby. I had just had a blast bottling my first batch of amber ale. I sampled some of course while I was bottling. For an uncarbonated and unconditioned first brew, I think it tastes pretty frikkin good. Can't wait till it carbs and conditions and is really ready to drink!! :mug:

Welcome to the hardest part of home brewing..... Waiting 3 weeks for your bottles to be ready for your drinking pleasure. I am sure in a week you will try one, then the next. It is hard to wait to get those 3 weeks in without drinking a few of you first. Congrads.

Congrats and welcome. Something I'm just now getting around to (4 batches into the addiction) is making sure the pieline is full of beer. I have a batch 1 week into bottling (english brown ale) and getting ready to bottle another batch today (stout). Neither of my first 2 batches lasted much beyond the 3 weeks. Pretty much, I can have the patience of a gnat sometimes.

I figure if I get impatient yet again and the english brown becomes the victim, then at least the stout will have time to age properly. I have a feeling both these batches will have time though. I sampled the English Brown yesterday and it tasted like how I would imagine bath water (without the soap) to taste.

Anyhow, I'm planning on brewing up a wheat probably next week. That way as I'm drinking the Stout, the Wheat will be aging.....

I guess, just keep the pipeline full is all I'm trying to say.

Thanks guys! I am definitely hoping to get the pipeline full and flowing soon. I'm going to start brewing my next batch this weekend. I'm going with a blonde ale this time. I'm gonna get a few more of those under my belt before I move onto to stouts and porters I think.

I probably will have one outta the bottling in a week or so just for research purposes :D gotta make sure it's conditiong properly, right? haha :mug:

I probably will have one outta the bottling in a week or so just for research purposes :D gotta make sure it's conditiong properly, right? haha :mug:

Most definitely. Take a taste from your hydrometer sample when you initially put it in the fermenter, then a taste before you bottle, and a taste once each week that it's been bottled until it's good. All in the name of research! ;)

Latest posts

Back