High School metal shop project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndhome1

Reaction score
I found out that our local highschool metal shop is always looking for a project to build for their students.

I had them make a brewing rig. THey even used a plasma cutting computer to make up name plates fro me.

Check out the pics. Ther whole thing parts and labor cost me $50.00

brew rig 006.jpg

brew rig 001.jpg

brew rig 003.jpg

brew rig 005.jpg

A tad sketchy on having HS kids build an alcohol making rig.
Hmmmm.... LOL :)
Maybe home economics class of my local high school can brew me a batch of IPA :)

+1 on sketchy, but those kids probably have more bad habits already than us older folks! We are just jealous of your steal.

That is sweet! I am jealous.
I kind of had the same thought about using HS kids BUT it's not like they don't know that beer exists so I doubt you damaged they young minds all that much. :D

I kind of had the same thought about using HS kids BUT it's not like they don't know that beer exists so I doubt you damaged they young minds all that much. :D

It's not the D&D club. Those metal shop kids know all about beer... you are only exposing them to the idea that they could make their own beer.

Well building a burner with a stand attached to it is far from teaching them how to make beer. I remember hearing moonshine instructions in elementary school so I really doubt these kids got exposed to anything new by building it.

Here's an idea... Brew a batch of the nastiest tasting beer you can imagine. Then, ask your kids if they want to try a sip to see what it tastes like. Yes son, that's what all beer tastes like. It must be an acquired taste, huh?

You high school has a CNC plasma cutter? I wish I went to your school when I was growing up. Pretty cool project brother!:mug:

Back