My best bad cider recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisismyurl

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm what you'd call a long time lurker but I've decided to share with you the ultimate, distasteful cider recipe I have ... one that turned out to be pretty decent.

• 5 gallons allens apple juice (canned will do)
  • 1 package #18 yeast
  • 1 kg honey
  • 1 liter pressed apple juice

I'd like to pretend that it turns out to be vulgar but in truth, it's a musty flavor without much depth. Take about a week to ferment and comes out at 9%, generally I cut it with sweet apple cider for serving.

Don't see how its a bad recipe, if done properly this could turn into a real nice brew. Try letting it bulk age for a bit and wait as long as you can before you crack open the first bottle. I think this would be quite nice, I've done something quite similar.

sounds good actully... not sure why you thought it would be horrid... fermenting for a week seems far too short, espically because you used honey as your main fermentable... but hey if it works... Tusch know what hes talking about, though we tend to disagree on some facts i genrally view Tusch as a good athority on things

cheers

Back