Holy Crap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am excited, that's for damn sure. just trying to picture it.......riding my mountain bike to work, w/ the grand mesa in view, clean air, fresh micro brew.........

BeeGee said:
The way I see it, it's better to have options than not and makes for a more interesting life than not having options at all. Your nervousness is really just well-placed excitement.

Too true, too true. I am getting really bored of my job, and I have a new prospect in Bristol that could work for me....time for a change??

Hope it goes your way DeRoux. Good luck again!

El Pistolero said:
What's SWMBO think about all this?

no comment :rolleyes:

it may get hairy around here if the opportunity presents itself in full view. she has a job she likes, doesn't want to leave mommy and daddy, etc.

we'll see......

Wow, brewing for a living...

He did say assistant brewer right ? Only thing they'll have him doing is cleaning :(

Just kidding :)

Good Luck !!

You'll be the envy of us all :drunk:

Hey- if that could be my FT job, I'd scuba into the trub and clean with a toothbruth....

it is an assistant brewers spot, but it also involves brewing. they are a pretty small operation (just 5 all together, 20,000 bbl/year) so they stay busy. which means, i'd get a lot of experience on a little bit of everything. good situation....

but, i haven't heard anything from them in a couple days.

well, i've kinda let this drift a tad due to some changes in my personal life. but, i'm baclk on Palisade. plus, i apllied for a job at Redhook in Portsmouth, NH, and they called me yesterday. didn't call back though.. that's a LONG way off.....i'm a wuss, i know.

also applied at Atwater Block Brewery in MI.....
the colorado gig is the one i'd really want though......

DeRoux's Broux said:
the colorado gig is the one i'd really want though......

That'd be sweet if you got that one! For many reasons, obviously--but I'm hoping my next assignment is in Colorado....we'll know by the end of the summer for sure.....
It would be SO sweet to pester you for beer and all that.... :D

i keep trying. the guy from Atwater Block Brewery in MI e-mailed me back today, but said it was only about 30 hrs week. said to call him Monday afternoon and maybe discuss a SW or TX sales position? i wanna brew, not sale!!!!!

DeRoux's Broux said:
i keep trying. the guy from Atwater Block Brewery in MI e-mailed me back today, but said it was only about 30 hrs week. said to call him Monday afternoon and maybe discuss a SW or TX sales position? i wanna brew, not sale!!!!!

Still associated with teh brewery...maybe you can work your way up and take his job. :)

Dude said:
Still associated with teh brewery...maybe you can work your way up and take his job. :)

hehehehe, that's one way to get there....

i dunno. i'm really looking at going back to Lamar U. and finishing my degree in Hospitality Mgmt, or going to culinary school, or even to Siebel in Chicago. my folks have said they would help me....just need to pull the trigger on something.

Beermaker said:
Well, Motiva is about to hire over 300 operators out here.

i test for DuPont the 23rd, but i have no background in Operations. it's all Occupational Safety and Health (bbblleeccchh!)

when's the test date?

Picked up on a news bit from Norway. A woman used her water tap to find beer flowing. Seems a bar downstairs hooked the keg to the wrong line. Almost heaven. But the beer was a little watery.:drunk:

I've been hired as a "Brewers helper" leading to brewing assistant at Tree brewing. (Hopead IPA) Uh, even the head brewers job is 90% cleaning.

While I was talking to the head brewer they had a boil over. So even the pros make a mess on ocassion. O course they lose more beer in a boil over than I can even make in a day and that only a tiny bit of the kettle!

Denny's Brew said:
I've been hired as a "Brewers helper" leading to brewing assistant at Tree brewing. (Hopead IPA) Uh, even the head brewers job is 90% cleaning.

While I was talking to the head brewer they had a boil over. So even the pros make a mess on ocassion. O course they lose more beer in a boil over than I can even make in a day and that only a tiny bit of the kettle!

That is sweet! I totally agree on the head brewer's job, it certainly isn't glamorous. They work thier asses off.

As you know, I've been filling in part time (voluntarily) at St. George's while they find an assistant for full time. Hard, hard work. Lots of lifting, lots of cleaning, but also lots of sampling and loads of fun getting the experience.

The other day I got to fill kegs. At one point I got a 3 second shower of IPA. I was soaked, but it was a good soak. :mug:

Dude said:
At one point I got a 3 second shower of IPA. I was soaked, but it was a good soak. :mug:
That's twice that golden shower thing came up today...and they say they're not advertising. :D

OMG...there's that freaking dragon again. :eek:

Latest posts

Back