IPA and sushi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPS

Reaction score
Not a bad combo at all!!

image-1538752654.jpg

two of my favorite things to consume... i can' decide if you've made me more thirsty of hungry.

gotta admit that an IPA isn't the first thing i'd reach for with sushi. i'd be afraid of it masking the subtleties of the fish.

if it's a lighter IPA i'd be down, not like a total domination or something. But still a good choice!

i usually get sake' or a kirin or however it's spelled.

I had sashimi and sushi for lunch today, and had a Sapparo and a Kirin Ichiban. I normally don't like light beers, but they were awesome with my sashimi!

If I had some sushi at home, I'd love to try it with an IPA.

Ya I brought this sushi home from lunch today. From a nice sushi spot I was at with my girl. And decided to pop open a beer and goto town !!

No offense, but if you're going to do a beer and food picture, at least make it presentable. I've never understood why people post pictures of stuff that looks like they've eaten off the plate or that it belongs in a sink...

Teromous said:
No offense, but if you're going to do a beer and food picture, at least make it presentable. I've never understood why people post pictures of stuff that looks like they've eaten off the plate or that it belongs in a sink...

And what's with the knife on the plate?
Where's the chop sticks?
It's sushi!!
Haha just messin...
I enjoy a large Kirin or two or three with my sushi..
Igotsand

Sometimes it's really hard to snap a pic before eating!

Side note, I find hops overpower the fish. I stick to Belgians with sushi/sashimi.
_MG_1026.jpg

But your sushi sure makes me hungry. Too bad it's weight cutting season...

Living in Japan, I'm a professional sushi eater! I love my homebrew, but I find that the sharpeness of Kirin Ichiban Shibori really goes with the vinegar of sushi rice. And yeah, that knife on the plate in the pic threw me. Haha.

Ive tried a good variety of beers with sushi but they always seem to overpower the flavors of the sushi i enjoy. Warm sake has become my mainstay beverage with sushi, even though it took a little while to get used to. That and my normal sushi restaurant also does hibachi and goes overboard with squirting sake in your mouth. The chefs have a habit of walking away from the table and hitting up the people at the sushi bar on their way back to the kitchen!

I love IPAs with sushi. IPAs are my favorite beer for any food, especially anything with a bunch of spice, and I love my raw seafood with more wasabi than my G/I doctor prefers.

Holy Hell! Perfect cook on that tuna!!!! I have to disagree on the criticism of the pics.If someone dares to share their enjoyable meal, I don't want them to stage it. Keep it real.

The last time I paired a beer with sushi, I went with DFH Namaste. Its a lighter Belgian White and it complemented the sushi really well, though it probably wouldn't go too well with too much siracha.

Back