Conical Fermenters minibrew 6.5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can I get some quick opinions on this product. I'm thinking of going the conical route to shave time off my brew process and to simplify. I'd like to go w/ the stainless but where I ferment and where I'd clean up are on separate floors of my house and I thought the stainless would bee too cumbersome to be dragging around the house. Like I said just need some opinions on cleaning, brass vs nickel valves, general usage, etc...
Also if someone can tell me how and what types of lines are connectes for transferring.

Thanks
Alex

p.s I know there's a thread right above me on affordable fermenters. I'm just looking for reviews on this particular one

To put it simply, I have it and I like it very much. I have the nickle plated valves and there hasn't been a problem related to them. I know that's what they ship with; so don't be concerned about changing them out, unless you have some extra money to burn and want to upgrade to 3 piece stainless valves. Relative to transfering, I use the following type of cam lock connectors off of my valves.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&category_name=114&Page=1

Have you done a comparison with the better bottles? When I was trying to decide it seems like they (better bottles) were the better value. I decided not to go with either. Just thought I throw in my 2 cents. Post a review if you get 1.

Latest posts

Back