Gas post on outside of Kegerator collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertHSmith

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the process of building a chestfreezer/kegerator and want to put a corny keg gas post on the outside of the collar. Anyone know the thread size of the posts on the cornelius kegs? I plan to use some brass plumbing fittings to link it all up.

Thanks.

Not sure about the sizes, but Northern Brewer sells an adapter for $10 that goes from 1/4" FFL to whatever the corny post is. That's what I have.

Edited to hopefully unconfuse things... The adapter itself is a female flare on one end and a male corny post thread on the other. I use it between a standard MFL nipple and a corny post.

I was in the same boat a while ago. I think it may even have been through a search on this site that I found my answer. I can't remember what the size was other than non-standard and a B#$%CH to find. I recall I ended up ordering an adapter from either Northern Brewer or Williams brewing that would allow the use of standard fitting. It wasn't that inexpensive either so I wouldn't want to have to buy a bunch.

Too slow to post - looks like it must have been NB

I'm sorry...I don't have an answer for your question...but I do have a question:

Why do you want a post on the outside?
What is the "final" desired outcome?

I am just thinking of some other solutions etc.

-Will

It's a way of integrating a quick disconnect for an externally mounted CO2 bottle. It also has the bonus of having a standard disconnect on the regulator when you want to do purges of kegs destined to be filled. It beats the alternative of having a separate bottle and reg for this purpose.

Back